Document Type : Original Article
Assistant Professor, Shahrood University of Technology.
In today's complex world and in order to increase competitiveness, planners in the manufacturing systems have focused on product distribution and collection of used products. In this paper, the closed-loop supply chain scheduling problem is investigated for the first time. A comprehensive and integrated model is presented for production scheduling, delivering products to retailers using limited-capacity vehicles, and pick-upping end of life products in order to recycle and reuse in supply chain. The aim of this problem is to minimize maximum tardiness. Due to the fact that this problem is NP-hard, a genetic algorithm is presented to solve the large-size instances by obtaining near-optimal solutions. To illustrate the importance of the problem under consideration, a case study of the motor oil supply chain is presented.
- Amorim, P., Belo-Filho, M., Toledo, F. M. B. d., Almeder, C., & Almada-Lobo, B., (2013). Lot sizing versus batching in the production and distribution planning of perishable goods. International Journal of Production Economics, 146(1), 208-218.
- Atasu, A., V.D.R. Guide Jr, & Van Wassenhove, L.N. (2008). Product reuse economics in closed‐loop supply chain research. Production and Operations Management, 17(5), 483-496.
- Ayough, A., Zandieh, M., Farsijani, H., & Dorri, B., (2014). Job Rotation Scheduling in a New Arranged Lean Cell, a Genetic Algorithm Approach. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 4(3), 33-59 (In persian).
- Daniel, V., Guide, R. & Van Wassenhove, L.N. (2002). Closed-loop supply chains, in Quantitative approaches to distribution logistics and supply chain management. Springer. 47-60.
- Deep, K. & Mebrahtu, H. (2012). Variant of partially mapped crossover for the travelling salesman problems. International Journal of Combinatorial Optimization Problems and Informatics, 3(1), 47-69.
- Devapriya, P., Ferrell, W. & Geismar, N. (2017). Integrated production and distribution scheduling with a perishable product. European Journal of Operational Research, 259(3), 906-916.
- Fattahi, P., Keneshloo, S., & Daneshamooz, F. (2019). A hybrid genetic algorithm and parallel variable neighborhood search for jobshop scheduling with an assembly stage. International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Production Research, 30(1), 25-37.
- Fu, L.-L., Aloulou, M.A. & Triki, C. (2017). Integrated production scheduling and vehicle routing problem with job splitting and delivery time windows. International Journal of Production Research, 55(20), 5942-5957.
- Gharaei, A. & Jolai, F. (2020). Two heuristic methods based on decomposition to the integrated multi-agent supply chain scheduling and distribution problem. Optimization Methods and Software, 1-25.
- Hall, N.G. & Potts, C.N. (2003). Supply chain scheduling: Batching and delivery. Operations Research, 51(4), 566-584.
- Hasanov, P., Jaber, M., & Tahirov, N. (2019). Four-level closed loop supply chain with remanufacturing. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 66, 141-155.
- Heydari, J., K. Govindan, & Jafari, A. (2017). Reverse and closed loop supply chain coordination by considering government role. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 52, 379-398.
- Holland, J.H., (1992). Genetic algorithms. Scientific american, 267(1), 66-73.
- Kazemi, H., M.M. Mazdeh, & Rostami, M. (2017). The two stage assembly flow-shop scheduling problem with batching and delivery. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 63, 98-107.
- Keyvanshokooh, E., S.M. Ryan, & Kabir, E. (2016). Hybrid robust and stochastic optimization for closed-loop supply chain network design using accelerated Benders decomposition. European Journal of Operational Research, 249(1), 76-92.
- Kong, M., Pei, J., Xu, J., Liu, X., Yu, X., & Pardalos, P. M., (2019). A robust optimization approach for integrated steel production and batch delivery scheduling with uncertain rolling times and deterioration effect. International Journal of Production Research, 1-23.
- Li, K., Zhou, C., Leung, J. Y., & Ma, Y., (2016). Integrated production and delivery with single maine and multiple vehicles. Expert Systems with Applications, 57, 12-20.
- Li, X. & Gao, L. (2016). An effective hybrid genetic algorithm and tabu search for flexible job shop scheduling problem. International Journal of Production Economics, 174, 93-110.
- Mazdeh, M.M. & Rostami, M. (2014). A branch-and-bound algorithm for two-machine flow-shop scheduling problems with batch delivery costs. International Journal of Systems Science: Operations & Logistics, 1(2), 94-104.
- Mazdeh, M. M., Shashaani, S., Ashouri, A., & Hindi, K. S., (2011). Single-machine batch scheduling minimizing weighted flow times and delivery costs. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 35(1), 563-570.
- Mazdeh, M.M., Rostami, M., & Namaki, M.H. (2013). Minimizing maximum tardiness and delivery costs in a batched delivery system. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 66(4), 675-682.
- Paydar, M.M., Babaveisi, V. & Safaei, A.S. (2017). An engine oil closed-loop supply chain design considering collection risk. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 104, 38-55.
- Rostami, M., Kheirandish, O. & Ansari, N. (2015). Minimizing maximum tardiness and delivery costs with batch delivery and job release times. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 39(16), 4909-4927.
- Sajadi, S.M., Ayough, A. & Sayed Isfahani, M.M. (2016). An Integrated Model for Analysis and Improvement of Scheduling “Flexible Manufacturing Systems (FMS)” and Dispatching “Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV)” Problems. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 6(1), 97-127 (In Persian).
- Savaskan, R.C., S. Bhattacharya, & Van Wassenhove, L.N. (2004). Closed-loop supply chain models with product remanufacturing. Management science, 50(2), 239-252.
- Taghizadeh Yazdi, M. & Salmani Zarchi, E. (2020). Presenting a Comprehensive Multi-Objective Model of the Multi level – Multi Product Green Closed-Loop Supply Chain with a Weighted Sum Method Approach: Pareto Front Generation (Case Study: Shahpar Momtaz Shoes Co.) Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 9(4), 107-137 (In persian).
- Yin, Y., Cheng, T., Hsu, C.-J., & Wu, C.-C., (2013). Single-machine batch delivery scheduling with an assignable common due window. Omega, 41(2), 216-225.
- Zou, X., Liu, L., Li, K., & Li, W., (2018). A coordinated algorithm for integrated production scheduling and vehicle routing problem. International Journal of Production Research, 56(15), 5005-5024.