Document Type : Original Article
Professor, Tehran University.
M.A., Tehran University.
The present study aims to provide a framework for evaluating the performance of the organization using two prominent methods of data envelopment analysis and balanced scorecard, so that the organization can implement the process of performance evaluation with comprehensive and comprehensive metrics that translate strategies and long-term objectives of the organization. In this research, the efficiency of 20 branches of Sina Bank using indicators that were selected according to the strategies and long-term objectives of the organization in four stages using the DEA model in each of the four perspectives of the balanced scorecard based on the cause and effect relationships of the four perspectives was calculated. Then, the efficiency of the branches is calculated without considering the cause and effect relationships of the four perspectives of the balanced scorecard and the dynamics of the internal organization processes. After determining the efficiency of the branches, for inefficient branches in each of the four perspectives of the balanced scorecard, the benchmarks were introduced from efficient branches and performance improvement solutions were presented for inefficient branches.
- Amado, A.F., P. Santos Sergio, M. & Marques, P. (2012). Integrating the Data Envelopment Analysis and the Balanced Scorecard Approaches for enhanced performance assessment, Omega International Journal of Management Science, 40, 390-403.
- Asadpour, E., Pouya, A., & Motahari Farimani, N. (2018). Designing a Balanced Scorecard Dynamic Model for Evaluating Bank Branch Performance. Industrial ManagementPerspective, 7(4), 163-197 (in Persian)
- Asosheh, A., Nalchigar, S., & Jamporazmey, M., (2010). Information technology project evaluation: An integrated data envelopment analysis and balanced scorecard approach, International Journal of Expert Systems with Applications, 37(8), 5931-5938
- Azar, A., Zarei Mahmood Abadi, M., & Anvari Rostami A. (2011). Balanced Performance Evaluation with Emphasis on BSC Indicators (Case Study: Yazd Province Ceramic Tile Companies), Research in its Operations and Applications, 9(1), 63-79. (In persian)
- Banker R.D., Chang H., Janakiraman SN., & Konstans C. (2004). A Balanced Scorecard analysis of performance metrics. European Journal of Operational Research, 154, 423–436
- Basso, A., Casarin, F., & Funari, S. (2018). How well is the museum performing? A joint use of DEA and BSC to measure the performance of museums, Omega International Journal of Management Science, 81, 67-84
- Chen, T. Y., & Chen, L. H. (2007). DEA performance evaluation based on BSC indicators incorporated: The case of semiconductor industry. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 56(4), 335-357.
- Chiang, C-Y., & Lin, B. (2009). An integration of Balanced Scorecards and data envelopment analysis for firm’s benchmarking management. International Journal of Total Quality Management, 20(11), 1153–1172.
- Ebnerasoul, S.A., Yavarian, H., & Amir Azodi, M. (2009). Performance Evaluation of Organizations: An Integrated Data Envelopment Analysis and Balanced Scorecard Approach. International Journal of Business and Management, 4(4), 42-48.
- Eilat H., Golany B., &Shtub A. (2006). Constructing and evaluating balanced portfolios of R&D projects with interactions: A DEA based methodology. European Journal of Operational Research, 172(3), 1018–1039.
- Garcia-Valderrama, T., Muleno-Mendigirri, E., & Revuelta-Bordoy, D. (2009). Relating the perspectives of the Balanced Scorecard for R&D by means of DEA. European Journal of Operational Research, 196, 1177–1189.
- ) Kaplan, R. S., & Norton, D. P. (2017). Implementation Achievement: Linking strategy to operations to achieve competitive advantage along with exploring the evolution of the Balanced Scorecard (translated by Atefi, M.A.). Tehran: - Lean band. (In persian)
- Kaplan R. S., & Norton D. P. (2001). The strategy – focus organization: how balanced Scorecard companies thrive in the new business environment, Boston. MA: Harvard Business School Press.
- Macedo MA, Barbosa AC,Cavalcante GT(2009). Performance of bank branches in Brazil: applying data envelopment analysis (DEA) to indicators related to the BSC perspectives, E&G Revista Economia e Gestao, 19(19), 65–84.
- Mehregan, M. R. (2013). Quantitative models in evaluating the performance of organizations (Data Envelopment Analysis). (second edition). Tehran: University Book Publishing. (In persian)
- Momeni, M., Khodaei, S., & Bashiri, M. (2009). Evaluating Social Security Organization Performance Using the Combined Model of BSC and FDEA. Industrial Management, 1(3), 137-152. (In Persian)
- Momeni, M. (2017). New Topics in Operations Research (Eighth Edition). Tehran: Mansour Momeni. (In Persian).
- Najafi, S.E., Aryanjad, M., Hosseinzadeh Lotfi, F. (2009). Performance Evaluation by Integrating Two Measurement Systems DEA and BSC. Management Quarterly, 5(11), 1-9. (In Persian)
- Rafizadeh Baqarabad, A., Effati Dariani, M., & Ronagh, M. (2010). Performance Management with a Look at the Performance Evaluation of Executive Devices (2010), Tehran: Farmanesh. (In Persian)
- Safari, H., Ghasemi, A.R., Einian, M., & Manouchehri, M. (2012). A Comprehensive Look at Performance Measurement Systems (First Edition). Tehran: Mehraban Book Institute. (In Persian)
- Shafiee, M., Hosseinzadeh Lotfi, F., Saleh, H. (2015). Supply chain performance evaluation with data envelopment analysis and balanced scorecard approach, International Journal of Applied Mathematical Modelling, 38, 5092-5112.
- Soleymani Damaneh, R., Momeni, M., Mostafaei A., & Rostami M. (2017). Development of a dynamic network data envelopment analysis model for evaluating banks' performance. Industrial Management perspective, 7(1), 67-89 (In Persian)
- Tavakoli Golpayegani, M., Alam Tabriz A., Amiri M., & Motemeni A. (2015). Designing and Explaining Performance Evaluation Model with Integrated Data Envelopment Analysis, Factor Analysis and Weights. Industrial Management Perspective, 5(1), 76-44 (In Persian)
- Yousefinejad Atari, M., & Neyshabouri, E. (2008). Evaluating R&D Projects Using Integrated Data Envelopment Analysis and Balanced Scorecard. Proceedings of the 6th International Management Conference. (In persian)