Document Type : Original Article
Ph.D Student, Razi University.
Assistant Professor, Razi University.
Revival is not an isolated event, but a process that forms a series of events. The present qualitative research was designed with the aim for arranging a model for revival stagnant industrial enterprises using the grounded theory and a systematic approach of Strauss and Corbin at Kermanshah Province. For this purpose, semi-structured interviews were conducted with help of sampling and snowball methods with 15 industrial managers, professors, government officials and private sector experts in Kermanshah provience. In order to investigate the validity of the research model, several methods of reviewing the text of the interviews were used to find a new model or to modify the original model and also to adapt to the criteria of Crreswell and 467 codes, 155 concepts and 42 subcategories were identified. Finally, the research model was presented in the form of a paradigm model that "the stagnation of industrial enterprises" was selected as a pivot phenomenon influenced by the circumstances of the research. Grounded and interventional conditions, along with the pivotal phenomenon, formed the strategies, and the consequences were identified such as improving performance indicators, attracting manpower, increasing asset returns, increasing brand equity and firm assets, along with consolidation of the financial position.
- Ahmadi Kohanali, R., & Ghasemi, S. (2014). Evaluating the agility of different industries in small and medium enterprises. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 4(3), 109-129 (In Persian).
- Ahmadian, F. (2016). Investigation and Identification of Small Business Growth Inhibitors in Ardabil. Master thesis. Ardabil Nongovernmental Nonprofit Institute (In Persian).
- Alem Tabriz, A., Hamidizadeh, M. R., Dori Nokani, B., & Mohammadi Polarti, M. (2017). New Product Development Model in the Automotive Industry of Iran. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective. 7 (2): 33-51 (In Persian).
- Iran Dust, M. (2014). The Relationship Pattern between Recovery Strategies and Performance in Recession, Case Study: Tehran Stock Exchange Companies. Ph.D. Thesis. College of Accounting and Management. Allameh Tabatabaei University (In Persian).
- Iran Statistics Center (2018). Report of the Workforce Census Plan 2018. Retrieved 15 Nov 2018. Available at: https://www.amar.org.ir/Portals/0/News /1397/nirooye%20kar1-97.pdf (In Persian).
- Iranian Cooperative Chamber Newsletter (2017). Agricultural sector share of Kermanshah employed population. Posted on February 28, 96 at 10:07 am. Retrieved 11 Nov 97, Code: 8401. Available at: https://iccnews.ir/%D8%B3%D9%87%D9%85-%D8%A8%D8%AE%D8%B4 (In Persian).
- Bazargan, A. (2008). Introduction to Qualitative and Mixed Research Methods; Common Approaches in Behavioral Sciences. Tehran: Didar Publications (In Persian).
- Benzazoua, A., Ardjouman, D., Abada, O. (2015). Establishing the Factors Affecting the Growth of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in Algeria. American International Journal of Social Science, 6(2), 101- 115.
- Belcher, T., Nail, L. (2000). Integration problems and turnaround strategies in a cross border-merger: A clinical examination of the Pharmacia-Upjohn merger. International Review of Financial Analysis, 9(2), 219-234.
- Bruton, G. D., Rubanik. Y. T. (1997). Turnaround of high technology firms in Russia: The case of Micron. Management Executive, 11(2), 68-79.
- Chen, Y. F., Drezner, Z., Ryan, J. K., Simchi-Levi, D. (2000). Quantifying the Bullwhip Effect in a Simple Supply Chain: The Impact of Forecasting, Lead Times and Information. Management Science, 46, 436-443.
- Creswell, J. W., Miller, D. L. (2000). Determining Validity in Qualitative Inquir. Theory into Practice, 39(3), 124-131.
- Danaeifard, H., Alvani, M., & Azar, A. (2012). A qualitative research methodology in management; a holistic approach. Tehran: Safar-Arashati Publications (In Persian).
- Ghafari Bistoni, A. (2010). Investigation of the causes of stagnation of agricultural cooperatives in Kermanshah during 1996-2006 years. M.Sc. College of Agriculture, Karaj (In Persian).
- Hasan Gholipour, T., Bahmani, M., Irvani, M. J., Aghazadeh, H., & Anoosheh, M. (2015). Designing the Development Model for the SME Market, Case Study: Food and Beverage Industry. Journal of Entrepreneurship Development, 8(1), 21-40 (In Persian).
- Harker, M. (2001). Market manipulation: Necessary strategy in company turnaround process? Qualitative Market Research, 4(4), 197-206.
- Hefdahtan, H. (2008). Pathology and Stabilization of Employment in Small and Medium Enterprises. Journal of Amir Kabir Entrepreneurs, 34, 12-14 (In Persian).
- Kothari, C. R. (2004), Research Methodology: Methods and Techniques, New Age International.
- Malekinejad, A. (2006). The Role of Small and Medium Industries in Economic Development. Journal of Jasmine strategy, 8, 4 (In Persian).
- Manimala, M. J., Panicker, S. (2011). Successful Turnarounds: Role of Appropriate Entrepreneurial Strategies. Strategy and Management, 8(1), 21-40.
- Motiee Langroodi, H. (2010). Economic Geography of Iran (Sixth Edition). Mashhad: Academic Jihad Publications (In Persian).
- Murphy, J. (2009). Turning around failing organizations: Insights for industrial leaders. Educational Change, 11(2), 157–176.
- Nazari, M., Hossein Gholipour, T., Soleimani, G., & Mousavi Naqabi, M. (2017). Development of inter-enterprise networks Solution to exploit the unused capacity of small and medium-sized enterprises. Journal of Productivity Management, 10(40), 7-47 (In Persian).
- Pashapour, S., Bozorgi Amiri, A., & Ghaderi, F. (2018). Optimizing the Performance of Industrial Units in Crisis Considering Economic Reversal Factors: A Case Study of Petrochemical Company. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 8(32), 149-183 (In Persian).
- Pearce, J. A., Robbins, K. (2008). Retrenchment remains the foundation of business turnaround. Strategic Management Journal, 15(5), 407-417.
- Posh Dooz Bashi, H. (2010). The life span of SMEs and their influencing factors in Iran, Case Study of Iranian Textile Industries. Master’s Thesis. Yazd School of Economics, Management and Accounting (In Persian).
- Pourassad, N. (2015). Identifying and Ranking Factors Affecting the Recession of Some Manufacturing Units in Urmia City Using a Hierarchical Analysis Approach. Master’s Thesis. University of Urmia (In Persian).
- Rahman Saresht, H., Hassas Yeganeh, Y., Fallah Shams, M., & Iran dust, M. (2014). Designing a Strategic Model for the Process of Revitalizing Critical Firms. Journal of Business Management, 6(3), 497-516 (In Persian).
- Scherrer, P. S. (2003). Management turnarounds. Corporate Governance: International of Business in Society, 3(4), 80-96.
- Shajari, H., Ostadi, H., & Sheikhi, S. (2014). Analysis of Factors Affecting the Total Productivity of Production Factors, Case Study: Iran's Basic Chemical Industries. Journal of Economical Science, 27, 65-88 (In Persian).
- Shayeghi, M. (2007). The Role of Small and Medium Industries in Export Development. Tehran: Aria Publications (In Persian).
- Srinivas, D. (2013). Performance evaluation of A.P. state road transport corporation (APSRTC) with a perceptional focus on turnaround. Department of Commerce & Management Studies. Andhra University.
- Sudarsanam, S., & Lai, J. (2001). Corporate financial distress and turnaround strategies. British Journal of Management, 12, 183-199.
- Svetlicic, M., Jacklič, A., & Burger, A. (2007). Internationalization of Small and Medium Enterprises from central European economies. Eastern European Economics, 45(4), 36-65.
- Szimai, A., Verspagen, B. (2011). Manufacturing and economic growth in developing countries 1950- 2005. UNU-MERIT Working Paper.
- Zulkepli, Z., Hasnan, N., Mohtar, M. (2015). Communication & service innovation in SMEs. Procedia- Social & Behavioral Sciences, 211, 437-441.