Document Type : Original Article
M.A. Student, University of Hormozgan.
Associate Professor, University of Hormozgan.
Assistant Professor, University of Hormozgan.
Supply chain quality management is recognized as a strategic tool for achieving a high level of quality and competitiveness in global markets; Of course, one of the major challenges in this regard is the lack of resources and sufficient knowledge on how to measure supply chain management performance. The purpose of this study is to develop a model for measuring the performance of supply chain quality management. Due to the supply chain dynamics and the complexity of strong relationships between key variables, the system dynamics has been used in this research. In this regard, firstly, the indicators for measuring the performance of supply chain quality management were identified through library studies and were categorized according to a balanced scorecard with of expert's survey. Then, by determining the relationships between the research variables, the causal-flow and stock and flow charts were mapped. After defining the dynamic equations and simulating the model in the software, the validity of the model was verified through two Behavioral reproduction and sensitivity analysis tests. The results show that changes in quality improvement programs as the lowest level of BSC have a significant impact on the indicators of staff skills, customer satisfaction, mismatched products and profits that all Balanced scorecard levels.
- Ajali, M., (2017). Prioritizing Supply Chain Quality Management Components Using FAHP and FDEMATEL Techniques; Gas Industry. Journal of Standard and Quality Management, 6(3), (in Persian).
- Ostadi, B., Porghaderchbar, A., (2017). Providing a framework for supply chain performance evaluation based on quality management concepts.Journal of Supply Chain Management, 19(5), 4-17, (in Persian).
- Asadpour, E., pouya, A., Motaharifarimani, N. (2017). Designing a Balanced Scorecard Dynamic Model to measure Bank Branch Performance. Journal of Industrial Perspective Management, (7)4, 163-197, (in Persian).
- Torbati, A., Arsenjani, M., and Firozshahi, M. (2015). Compile a Supply Chain Management Strategy Map by combining Ali's chart and balanced scorecard. Modeling in Engineering, 13(42), 151-165, (in Persian).
- KHalaj, M. (2016). Supply chain quality management concepts and applications, Second National Conference on Management Research and Humanities in Iran, Tehran, Institute of Management Research (in Persian).
- Zarei Mahmoodabadi, M., Nahavandi, N., and Taghavi, A. (2016). Dynamic Balanced Scorecard Design with Combined Balanced Scorecard Approach and System Dynamics Modeling. Journal of Industrial Engineering and Production Management, 27(2) (in Persian).
- Ghafornia, M., (2014). Simulation and mathematical modeling of services supply chain in Telecommunication Company of Iran using system dynamics approach, PhD dissertation, Shiraz University, 299. (in Persian).
- Rabieh, M., Salari, H., Karami, M., Ziyaei, M., and yasoubi, A., The Causal-Impact Model of the Driving Accident Problem in Iran: A System Dynamics Approach. Journal of Industrial Perspective Management, (1)7, 115-143 (in Persian).
- Mohaghar, A., Hashemi batrodi, S.H., Talai, H., (2016). Dynamics modeling in the supply chain of a new product based on the system dynamics approach. Journal of Industrial Perspective Management, (4)6, 9-36 (in Persian).
- Chang, H. H. (2006). Development of performance measurement systems in quality management organisations. The Service Industries Journal, 26(7), 765-786.
- Chen, Z. (2015). The relationships among JIT, TQM and production operations performance: An empirical study from Chinese manufacturing firms. Business Process Management Journal, 21(5), 1015-1039.
- Chenhall, R. H. (1997). Reliance on manufacturing performance measures, total quality management and organizational performance. Management Accounting Research, 8(2), 187-206.
- Chibba, A. (2017). Supply Chain Quality Management-Exploring performance of manufacturing organizations. Luleå tekniska universitet.
- De Toni, A., Nassimbeni, G., & Tonchia, S. (1995). An instrument for quality performance measurement. International Journal of Production Economics, 38(2-3), 199-207.
- Estampe, D. (2014). Supply chain performance and evaluation models: John Wiley & Sons.
- Fernandes, A. C., Sampaio, P., Sameiro, M., & Truong, H. Q. (2017). Supply chain management and quality management integration: A conceptual model proposal. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 34(1), 53-67.
- Ferreira, L. M. D., Silva, C., & Azevedo, S. G. (2016). An environmental balanced scorecard for supply chain performance measurement (Env_BSC_4_SCPM). Benchmarking: An International Journal, 23(6), 1398-1422.
- Gopal, P., & Thakkar, J. (2012). A review on supply chain performance measures and metrics: 2000-2011. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 61(5), 518-547.
- Hu, H. Y., Chiu, S.-I., Yen, T.-M., & Cheng, C.-C. (2015). Assessment of supplier quality performance of computer manufacturing industry by using ANP and DEMATEL. The TQM Journal, 27(1), 122-134.
- Huo, B., Ye, Y., Zhao, X., & Zhu, K. (2019). Supply chain quality integration: A taxonomy perspective. International Journal of Production Economics, 207, 236-246.
- Jochem, R., Menrath, M., & Landgraf, K. (2010). Implementing a quality-based performance measurement system: a case study approach. The TQM Journal, 22(4), 410-422.
- Kaynak, H., & Hartley, J. L. (2008). A replication and extension of quality management into the supply chain. Journal of Operations Management, 26(4), 468-489.
- Kerfai, N., Bejar Ghadhab, B., & Malouche, D. (2016). Performance measurement and quality costing in Tunisian manufacturing companies. The TQM Journal, 28(4), 588-596.
- Kumar, V., De Grosbois, D., Choisne, F., & Kumar, U. (2008). Performance measurement by TQM adopters. The TQM Journal, 20(3), 209-222.
- Mehralian, G., Nazari, J. A., Nooriparto, G., & Rasekh, H. R. (2017). TQM and organizational performance using the balanced scorecard approach. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 66(1), 111-125.
- Lockamy III, A. (1998). Quality-focused performance measurement systems: a normative model. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 18(8), 740-766.
- Najmi, M., & F. Kehoe, D. (2001). The role of performance measurement systems in promoting quality development beyond ISO 9000. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 21(1/2), 159-172.
- Neyestani, B., & Juanzon, J. B. P. (2016). Developing an Appropriate Performance Measurement Framework for Total Quality Management in Construction, and other Industries. International Journal of Technology & Engineering, 32-44.
- Noshad, K., & Awasthi, A. (2015). Supplier quality development: A review of literature and industry practices. International Journal of Production Research, 53(2), 466-487.
- Noshad, K., & Awasthi, A. (2018). Investigating critical criteria for supplier quality development. International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, (13)3, 1-10.
- Oke, S., Ayomoh, M., & Oyedokun, I. (2007). An approach to measuring the quality of maintenance performance. IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, 18(1), 17-32.
- Omurgonulsen, M. (2009). A research on the measurement of quality costs in the Turkish food manufacturing industry. Total Quality Management, 20(5), 547-562.
- Opengart, R. (2015). Supply chain management and learning organization: A merging of literatures. International Journal of Commerce and Management, 25(2), 183-195.
- Pimentel, L., & Major, M. J. (2014). Quality management and a balanced scorecard as supporting frameworks for a new management model and organisational change. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 25(7-8), 763-775.
- Quang, H. T., Sampaio, P., Carvalho, M. S., Fernandes, A. C., Binh An, D. T., & Vilhenac, E. (2016). An extensive structural model of supply chain quality management and firm performance. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 33(4), 444-4.
- Reefke, H., & Trocchi, M. (2013). Balanced scorecard for sustainable supply chains: design and development guidelines. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 62(8), 805-826.
- Rezaei, A. R., Çelik, T., & Baalousha, Y. (2011). Performance measurement in a quality management system. Scientia Iranica, 18(3), 742-752.
- Uyar, A. (2008). An exploratory study on quality costs in Turkish manufacturing companies. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 25(6), 604-620.
- Uyar, A. (2009). Quality performance measurement practices in manufacturing companies. The TQM Journal, 21(1), 72-86.
- Sang Chin, K., Yeung, I.-K., & Fai Pun, K. (2006). Development of an assessment system for supplier quality management. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 23(7), 743-776 .
- Shafiee, M., Lotfi, F. H., & Saleh, H. (2014). Supply chain performance evaluation with data envelopment analysis and balanced scorecard approach. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 38(21-22), 5092-5112.
- Shepherd, C., & Günter, H. (2010). Measuring supply chain performance: current research and future directions Behavioral Operations in Planning and Scheduling (105-121): Springer.
- Sinclair, D., & Zairi, M. (1995a). Benchmarking best-practice performance measurement within companies: Using total quality management. Benchmarking for Quality Management & Technology, 2(3), 53-71.
- Sinclair, D., & Zairi, M. (1995b). Effective process management through performance measurement: part I–applications of total quality-based performance measurement. Business Process Re-engineering & Management Journal, 1(1), 75-88.
- Soares, A., Soltani, E., & Liao, Y.-Y. (2017). The influence of supply chain quality management practices on quality performance: an empirical investigation. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 22(2), 122-144.
- Talib, F., Rahman, Z., & Qureshi, M. (2011). Analysis of interaction among the barriers to total quality management implementation using interpretive structural modeling approach. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 18(4), 563-587.
- Wad, R. P., & Kumar, K. V. (2012). Analysis of Performance Measures for Total Quality Management (TQM) in Manufacturing Industries.
- Wang, F.-K., Du, T., & Li, E. (2004). Applying six-sigma to supplier development. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 15(9-10), 1217-1229.
- Wei, J.-T., Chang, Y. W., Zhang, X., Wu, H.-H., & Tang, Y.-T. (2017). Performance measurement systems, TQM and multi-level firm performance: a person–organisation fit perspective. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 30(15-16), 1578-1595
- Van der Spiegel, M., Luning, P., Ziggers, G., & Jongen, W. (2005). Evaluation of performance measurement instruments on their use for food quality systems. Critical Reviews in food Scince and Nutrition, 44(7-8), 501-512.
- Xian, S., Qiu, D., & Zhang, S. (2013). A fuzzy principal component analysis approach to hierarchical evaluation model for balanced supply chain scorecard grading. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 159(2), 518-535.
- Zhang, L., Wang, S., Li, F., Wang, H., Wang, L., & Tan, W. (2011). A few measures for ensuring supply chain quality. International Journal of Production Research, 49(1), 87-97.
- Zhang, M., Guo, H., Huo, B., Zhao, X., & Huang, J. (2019). Linking supply chain quality integration with mass customization and product modularity. International Journal of Production Economics, 207, 227-235.
- Zhong, J., Ma, Y., Tu, Y., & Li, X. (2016). Supply chain quality management: an empirical study. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 28(11), 2446-2472.