Document Type : Original Article
Ph.D, Qazvin Islamic Azad University.
Associate Professor, University of Tehran.
Entrepreneurial decision-making has been a home of interest for many studies. There are several research streams in the field, but the context suffers from lack of holistic conceptual models. Using meta-synthesis approach, we synthesized a model based on deep assessment of codes arisen from 10 noteworthy studies previously conducted in this field. Three coding steps taken to reach us to final model of this study. The model consolidated Causal conditions for entrepreneurial decision-making together with Entrepreneurial Decision as core category. Strategies of Decision-making (action) also identified and entered to the final model. The Model shows the Context and intervening conditions in entrepreneurial decision-making and Consequences of entrepreneurial decision-making. Finally, time aspect of entrepreneurial decision-making is the dimension that has been identified and added to the model, which shows the time dynamic nature of entrepreneurial decision-making.
- Alon, I., Deng, S., & Wang, X. (2010). Framework for female entrepreneurship in China. International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets, 3(1), 3-20.
- Asgharizadeh, A., Sadeghi Moghadam, M., Safari, H., Soltani Neshan, M. (2019). The Effects of Customers’ Decisionmaking with Different Risk Prefrences on Warranty Providers: Agent based Modeling. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 9(1), 31-59.
- Atlas.ti. (2011) (Version 6). Berlin: Scientific Sofware Development.
- Baltar, F., & De Coulon, S. (2014). Dynamics of the entrepreneurial process: the innovative entrepreneur and the strategic decisions. Review of Business & Finance Studies, 5(1), 69-81.
- Bohm, A. (2004). Theoretical Coding: Text Analysis in Grounded Theory A Companion to Qualitative Research (pp. 270-274): London,: Sage Publications.
- Bucar, B., & Hisrich, R. D. (2001). Ethics of business managers vs. entrepreneurs. Journal of developmental entrepreneurship, 6(1), 59.
- Campbell, R., Pound, P., Morgan, M., Daker-White, G., Britten, N., Pill, R., . . . Donovan, J. (2012). Evaluating meta ethnography: systematic analysis and synthesis of qualitative research.
- Carr, J. C., & Blettner, D. P. (2010). Cognitive control bias and decision-making in context: Implications for entrepreneurial founders of small firms. Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, 30(6), 2.
- Cha, M.-S., & Bae, Z.-T. (2010). The entrepreneurial journey: From entrepreneurial intent to opportunity realization. The Journal of High Technology Management Research, 21(1), 31-42.
- Chen, C. C., Greene, P. G., & Crick, A. (1998). Does entrepreneurial self-efficacy distinguish entrepreneurs from managers? Journal of Business Venturing, 13(4), 295-316.
- Evers, N., & O’Gorman, C. (2011). Improvised internationalization in new ventures: The role of prior knowledge and networks. Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, 23(7-8), 549-574.
- Finfgeld‐Connett, D. (2008). Meta‐synthesis of caring in nursing. Journal of clinical nursing, 17(2), 196-204.
- Forlani, D., & Mullins, J. W. (2000). Perceived risks and choices in entrepreneurs' new venture decisions. Journal of Business Venturing, 15(4), 305-322.
- Geessinck, B. (2014). Exploring entrepreneurial strategic decision making and imagination.
- Gharib, A., Azar, A., Moghbel Ba Erz, A., Dehghan Nayeri, M., 2019. Designing Organizational Innovation Measuring Model with Dynamic Network DEA (Case Study: Iranian First Level Universities). Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 9(1), 09-29.
- Gibcus, P., & Van Hoesel, P. (2008). Strategic decision-making processes in SMEs: an exploratory study. Entrepreneurial Strategic Decision‐making: A cognitive perspective, 89-104.
- Gibcus, P., Vermeulen, P. A., & Radulova, E. (2008). The decision-making entrepreneur: A literature review. Entrepreneurial strategic decision-making: A cognitive perspective, 11-40.
- Hughes, F. R., & Kleist, D. M. (2005). First‐Semester Experiences of Counselor Education Doctoral Students. Counselor Education and Supervision, 45(2), 97-108.
- Inderbitzin, M., Abrams, L. S., & Nurse, A. M. (2017). Juvenile Corrections in the Era of Reform: A Meta-Synthesis of Qualitative Studies.
- Ivanova, E., & Gibcus, P. (2003). The decision-making entrepreneur. Recuperado junio, 23, 2006.
- Justus, A. H., Jooste, K., & Nangombe, J. P. (2016). Description of a model to facilitate male involvement in the reproductive health context by the registered nurses. International Journal of Advanced Nursing Studies, 5(1), 19.
- Kalinic, I., Sarasvathy, S. D., & Forza, C. (2013). Internationalization and effectation explaining entrepreneurial decision–making in uncertain international environment.
- Lord, V. (2015). Defining eating disorder recovery: A qualitative approach: California State University, Long Beach.
- Maine, E., Soh, P.-H., & Dos Santos, N. (2012). Decision-making processes in biotech commercialization: Constraints to effectuation. Paper presented at the 2012 Proceedings of PICMET'12: Technology Management for Emerging Technologies.
- Maine, E., Soh, P.-H., & Dos Santos, N. (2015). The role of entrepreneurial decision-making in opportunity creation and recognition. Technovation, 39, 53-72.
- Matsumoto, H., & Wilson, D. (2005). Testing a Rigorous Execution of Grounded Theory Using Comparative Cross-cultural Case Studies of Strategic Global IS Management in Investment Banks. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the 4th European Conference on Research Methods: In Business and Management Studies.
- Miles, M. B., & Huberman, A. M. (1994). Qualitative data analysis: A sourcebook. Beverly Hills: Sage Publications.
- Mohaghar, A., Ansari, M., Sadeghi-Moghaddam, M., Mirkazemimud, M. (2018). Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 8(1), 9-38.
- Mokhtarzadeh, N., Razavi, M., Nilforooshan, H., Faghei, M., 2018. An Investigation on the Factors Affecting the Success of Knowledge Transfer Process in Inter-Firm Collaborations (Case: Pharmaceutical Firm Collaborations). Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 8(2), 33-60.
- Mole, K. F., & Mole, M. (2010). Entrepreneurship as the structuration of individual and opportunity: A response using a critical realist perspective: Comment on Sarason, Dean and Dillard. Journal of Business Venturing, 25(2), 230-237.
- Noblit, G. W., & Hare, R. D. (1988). Meta-ethnography: Synthesizing qualitative studies (Vol. 11): Sage.
- Paranjpe, A. (2016). Librarianship in 21st Century: Need of Soft Skills. Chief Patron’s Message for Multicon-2016, 114.
- Pech, R. J., & Cameron, A. (2006). An entrepreneurial decision process model describing opportunity recognition. European Journal of Innovation Management, 9(1), 61-78.
- Razmjoo, S. A., & Nouhi, N. (2011). A SWOT analysis of the junior high school English program: A grounded theory approach. International Proceedings of Economics Development and Research, 26, 182-186.
- Reymen, I. M., Andries, P., Berends, H., Mauer, R., Stephan, U., & Burg, E. (2015). Understanding dynamics of strategic decision making in venture creation: a process study of effectuation and causation. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 9(4), 351-379.
- Santos, S. C., Caetano, A., Baron, R., & Curral, L. (2015). Prototype models of opportunity recognition and the decision to launch a new venture: Identifying the basic dimensions. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research, 21(4), 510-538.
- Sarason, Y., Dean, T., & Dillard, J. F. (2006). Entrepreneurship as the nexus of individual and opportunity: A structuration view. Journal of Business Venturing, 21(3), 286-305.
- Sarasvathy, S. D. (2001). Causation and effectuation: Toward a theoretical shift from economic inevitability to entrepreneurial contingency. Academy of management Review, 26(2), 243-263.
- Siau, K., & Long, Y. (2005). Synthesizing e-government stage models-a meta-synthesis based on meta-ethnography approach. Industrial Management & Data Systems, 105(4), 443-458.
- Simon, H. A. (1960). The new science of management decision.
- Stevens, R. E. (2006). The marketing research guide: Routledge.
- Strauss, A., & Corbin, J. (1994). Grounded theory methodology. Handbook of qualitative research, 273-285.
- Thomsen, T. G., Hansen, S. R., & Wagner, L. (2012). Prioritising, downplaying and self-preservation: Processes significant to coping in advanced cancer patients.
- Tokunaga, R. S. (2010). Following you home from school: A critical review and synthesis of research on cyberbullying victimization. Computers in human behavior, 26(3), 277-287.
- Torikka, J. (2013). Entrepreneurial Processes of the Finnish Franchisee Training Program’s Graduates Network Governance (pp. 287-312): Springer.
- Wei, X., & Hisrich, R. D. (2016). Error orientation and entrepreneurial decision making in Chinese enterprises: Opportunity identification as mediator. Social Behavior and Personality: an international journal, 44(4), 555-568.
- Wignaraja, G. (1998). The Determinants of Firm-Level Export Performance Trade Liberalization in Sri Lanka (pp. 171-185): Springer.