Document Type : Original Article
M.A., Shahid Beheshti Univeristy.
Assistant Professor, Shahid Beheshti Univeristy.
Science and Technology Parks (STPs) are developed with the aim of preparing a safe and dynamic environment for companies who are a part of economics development in every country. One of the most important functions of science and technology parks is to help enhance the innovation of their established companies and make them more competitive. Regarding government policy making in the development of Science and Technology Parks, the purpose of this study is to investigate the role of science and technology parks in the innovative performance of ICT companies. In this study, a qualitative and quantitative method was applied and 11 experts were interviewed to accomplish this goal and analyzed 83 questionnaires. The research questions were analyzed using Structural Equation Method and path analysis with the help of SmartPLS software. The results reveal that the legal functions, networking, support and organization, knowledge and cultural management of science and technology parks, respectively, have the most impact on the innovative performance of ICT companies.
- Allahyari, R (2017). Development of a competency model for managers of science and technology parks in Iran (Doctoral dissertation). Shahid Beheshti university, Tehran, Iran (In Persian).
- Anderson, N., Potočnik, K., & Zhou, J. (2014). Innovation and creativity in organizations: A state-of-the-science review, prospective commentary, and guiding framework. Journal of management, 40(5), 1297-1333.
- Appold, S. J. (2004). Research parks and the location of industrial research laboratories: an analysis of the effectiveness of a policy intervention. Research Policy, 33(2), 225-243.
- Autant-Bernard, C., Fadairo, M., & Massard, N. (2013). Knowledge diffusion and innovation policies within the European regions: Challenges based on recent empirical evidence. Research Policy, 42(1), 196-210.
- Díez-Vial, Isabel, and Marta Fernández-Olmos (2017) "The effect of science and technology parks on firms’ performance: how can firms benefit most under economic downturns?" Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 29 (10):1153-1166.
- Esposito Vinzi, V., Chin, W. W., Henseler, J., & Wang, H. (2010). Handbook of partial least squares: Concepts, methods and applications: Heidelberg, Dordrecht, London, New York: Springer.
- Fagerberg, J., Mowery, D. C., & Nelson, R. R. (2005). Measuring innovation. In K. Smith (Ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Innovation (pp. 148-177). New York: Oxford University Press.
- Garson, G. (2016). Partial Least Squares: Regression and structural equation models. Statistical Associates Blue Book Series. In: Statistical Associates Publishing: Asheboro, USA.
- Gharib, A., Azar, A., Moghbel Ba Erz, A., Dehghan Nayeri, M. (2019). Designing Organizational Innovation Measuring Model with Dynamic Network DEA (Case Study: Iranian First Level Universities). Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 9(Issue 1, Spring 2019), 9-29.
- Gërguri‐Rashiti, S., Ramadani, V., Abazi‐Alili, H., Dana, L. P., & Ratten, V. (2017). ICT, innovation and firm performance: The transition economies context. Thunderbird International Business Review, 59(1), 93-102.
- Henseler, J., Ringle, C. M., & Sinkovics, R. R. (2009). The use of partial least squares path modeling in international marketing. In New challenges to international marketing (pp. 277-319): Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- IASP. Defenitions. Retrieved from https://www.iasp.ws/Our-industry/Definitions
- Islamic Parliament Research Center Of The Islamic Republic Of IRAN (2016). Evaluating the Position of Industrial Development Strategy in Country Development Plans and Its Prospects in Sixth Development Plan (Publication No. 14790). Retrieved from https://rc.majlis.ir/fa/report/show/962434
- Islamic Parliament Research Center Of The Islamic Republic Of IRAN (2004). Law of the Fourth Plan of Economic, Social and Cultural Development of the Islamic Republic of Iran (Publication No. 17375). Retrieved from https://rc.majlis.ir/fa/law/show/94202
- Keizer, J. A., Dijkstra, L., & Halman, J. I. (2002). Explaining innovative efforts of SMEs.: An exploratory survey among SMEs in the mechanical and electrical engineering sector in The Netherlands. Technovation, 22(1), 1-13.
- Koh, F. C., Koh, W. T., & Tschang, F. T. (2005). An analytical framework for science parks and technology districts with an application to Singapore. Journal of business venturing, 20(2), 217-239.
- Lechman, E. (2016). ICT DIFFUSION IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. SPRINGER INTERNATIONAL PU.
- Lowry, P. B., & Gaskin, J. (2014). Partial least squares (PLS) structural equation modeling (SEM) for building and testing behavioral causal theory: When to choose it and how to use it. IEEE transactions on professional communication, 57(2), 123-146.
- Magner, N., Welker, R. B., & Campbell, T. L. (1996). Testing a model of cognitive budgetary participation processes in a latent variable structural equations framework. Accounting and Business Research, 27(1), 41-50.
- Massey, D., & Wield, D. (2003). High-tech fantasies: Science parks in society, science and space: Routledge.
- Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of , Islamic Republic of Iran (2003). Establishment Rules of Science and Technology Parks on 8th March 2008. Retrieved from: ytre.ir/pCV
- Naeiji, M., Panahifar, F., Tatari, Y. (2017). The Effect of Stakeholders Participation in New Product Development on Organizational Performance. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 7(Issue 3, Autumn 2017), 27-46 (In Persian).
- Naghizadeh, R., Elahi, Sh. & Manteghi, M. (2016). The Pattern of Technological Innovation Development in The Regions of IRAN; The Case of BIO, NANO, AERO AND ICT. Journal of Science and Technology Policy, 8(1), 43-59 (In Persian).
- Nargesi, G, R., Nargesi, S, R. & Ghafari, A. (2016). Technological Ent. Journal of Entrepreneurship Development, 8(4), 749-766. doi: 10.22059/jed.2016.58800 (In Persian).
- Porter, M. E. (2000). Location, competition, and economic development: Local clusters in a global economy. Economic development quarterly, 14(1), 15-34.
- Quintas, Paul, David Wield, and Doreen Massey (1992) "Academic-industry links and innovation: questioning the science park model" Technovation 12 (3):161-175.
- Safari, R., Rajabzadeh, A., & Memarpour, M. (2014). Statistics applications with SPSS, LISREL, SmartPLS software (1st ed.). Tehran: Negah Danesh Publication (In Persian)
- Saifoddin, A., Aslani, A., Darestani, H. F., & Mousavi, H. (2016). Regulations & conditions executive technology park city (1st ed.). Tehran: Tehran Municipality.Tehran Urban Planning and Research Center. Department of Science and Technology -- Rules and practice (In Persian).
- Sanaeepour, H. (2008). Investigating the Relationship between Science and Technology Park Services with the Growth of New Technology-Based Companies Based in Tehran Technology Parks(Master Thesis). University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran (In Persian).
- Soleymani, M. (2012). Science and Technology Parks and Incubators with a Global Perspective. Journal of Science and Technology Parks and Incubators, 4(8), 2-10 (In Persian).
- Steffen, M. O., Oliveira, M., & Balle, A. R. (2017). Knowledge sharing among companies in a science and technology park. Business Information Review, 34(2), 101-108.
- Tidd, J., Bessant, J., & Pavitt, K. (2009). Managing innovation integrating technological, market and organizational change (4th ed.): John Wiley and Sons Ltd.
- Van de Ven, A. H., Angle, H. L., & Poole, M. S. (2000). Research on the management of innovation: The Minnesota studies: Oxford University Press on Demand.
- Van der Vaart, T., Pieter van Donk, D., Gimenez, C., & Sierra, V. (2012). Modelling the integration-performance relationship: Collaborative practices, enablers and contextual factors. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 32(9), 1043-1074.
- Vilà, P. C., & Pagès, J. L. (2008). Science and technology parks: creating new environments favourable to innovation. Paradigmes: economia productiva i coneixement.
- Zare MirakAbad, A., Niazi, E., Salehi, S. (2012). Futures studies of Key Technologies in Iranian ICT Industry with Emphasis on Business Model Detection. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 1(Issue 4, Winter 2012), 107-130 (In Persian).
- Zhang, H., & Sonobe, T. (2011). Development of science and technology parks in China, 1988-2008. Economics: The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, 5, 6.