Document Type : Original Article
Ph.D. Student, Industrial, IT and Technology Management department, Management faculty, Central Tehran branch, Islamic azad university, Tehran, Iran.
Professor, Department of Industrial Management, Sciences and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University
Assistant Professor, Industrial, IT and Technology Management department, Management faculty, Central Tehran branch, Islamic azad university, Tehran, Iran.
Increasing operating profit is a challenge faced by pharmaceutical distribution companies. Most of the researches conducted in this field have a cost reduction approach. The online monitoring system is one of the effective methods that can be used for managers' decision-making and improving the performance of the pharmaceutical distribution chain with the approach of reducing costs and increasing revenues. To create this system, conceptual, mathematical and computer modeling is needed. The aim of this research is to develop a mathematical model of the online monitoring system to improve the pharmaceutical distribution system based on a conceptual model using a reinforcement learning approach. The mathematical model was derived based on the factor-based conceptual model and using the multi-factorial reinforcement learning approach. After extracting the mathematical model, the effectiveness of the model was validated by comparing the results obtained from the output of the mathematical model and the actual results in a pharmaceutical distribution company. The findings of the research showed that the developed mathematical model has the ability to continuously improve the goals, decisions and performance of the pharmaceutical distribution chain processes, according to the interactions and changes in the behavior of agents and the state of the environment.
- Abbasi Siar, S., Hashemighohar, M. & Feyzi, A. (2022). Agent-based Modeling Behavior of Traders in Tehran Stock Exchange (Case Study: Mobarakeh Esfahan Steel Company). Modern Research in Decision Making, 7(1), 88-114. (In Persian)
- Abbasi Siar, S., Keramati, M.A. & Motadel, M.R. (2021). Agent-Based Simulation of Concumer Behavior in Impulse Buying. Journal of Industrial Management Studies, 19(62), 99-138. (In Persian)
- Abolfathi, E., Toloie Eshlaghy, A., & Hamidi zadeh, M.R. (2018). An operational guide for agent-based modeling based on the classification of research conducted in the humanities: dissemination of innovation in Iran. New research in decision making, 3(2), 1-25. (In Persian)
- Alidoost, F., Bahrami, F., & Safari, H. (2020). Multi-Objective Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Modeling in Disaster (Case Study: Earthquake Crisis in Tehran). The Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 10(39), 99-123. (In Persian)
- Araya, F. (2020). Agent Based Modeling: a tool for Construction Enginnering and Management, Research Gate, 32(5), 1-18.
- Arel, L., Urbanik, T., & Kohls, A.G. (2010). Reinforcement Learning-based Multi agent system for network traffic signal control, IET intelligent transport system, 4(2), 128-135.
- Asghari Oskoei, M.R., Fallahi, F., Doostizadeh, M., & Moshiri, S. (2018). Reinforcement Learning Applied to Multi Agent Modeling the case of the Iranian Power Market. Iranian Energy Economics Research, 7(25), 1-40. (In Persian)
- Azar, A., Mashayekhi, M., Amiri, M., & Safari, H. (2021). Modeling Steel Supply Chain and Estimating Its Consumption through ABM Methodology. The Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 11(41), 33-51. (In Persian)
- Baha, M.M. (2023). Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Supply Chain Management Performance. Journal of Service Science and Management, 2023(16), 44-58.
- Baohong, G., Zhiming, W., Weichun, Ge., Chenggang, W., Shuyang, Li.& Qiang, G. (2012). The Application of IEC61850 Standard in the Online Monitoring System of the Smart Substation. IEEE, 1-6.
- Bonabeau, E. (2023). Agent-Based Modeling: Methods and Techniques for simulation human systems, Colloquium, 99(3), 7280-7287.
- Cenani, S. (2021). Emergency and Complexity in Agent-Based Modeling: Review of state-of-the-art tools, Research Gate, 2(2), 1-24.
- Edrisi, A., Bagherzadeh Chehreh, K. & Nadi, A. (2017). Presenting an Innovative Model Based on Reinforcement Learning for Intelligent Routing of Vehicles in Dynamic Network (Case Study of Isfahan City). International Conference on Civil Engineering, Architecture and Urban Planning of Contemporary Iran, 1-13. (In Persian)
- Emec, S., Kruger, J. & Seliger, G. (2016). Online fault-monitoring in machine tools based on energy consumption analysis and non-invasive data acquisition for improved resource-efficiency. Elsevier, 40, 236-243.
- Eskandar, F., Radfar, R. & Toloi, A. (2019). A Simulation Model to Predict and Improve the Performance of the Working Team and Achieve Better Human Resource Management Strategies. Journal of Strategic Management Researches, 25(74), 49-73. (In Persian)
- Farah Baksh, M., Modiri, M., Khatami Firouzabadi, M.A., & Pour Ebrahimi, A.R. (2023). Power Industry's Lise Cycle Simulation using Agent Based Modeling. The Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 12(48), 9-35. (In Persian)
- Fazeli, R. & Fazeli, A. (2016). Study methods of online monitoring equipment, systems and processes in nuclear power plants. 3rd National Conference on Engineering Science Development, 1-10. (In Persian)
- Gasperov, B., Begusic, S., Simovic, Petra, P., & Kostancar, Z. (2021). Reinforcement Learning Approaches to optimal market making, Mathematics, 9(2689), 1-22.
- Gioiosa,, Kestor, G. & Kerbyson, D.J. (2014). Online Monitoring Systems for Performance Fault Detection. IEEE, (1), 1475-1484.
- Hajibabaie, M., & Behnamian, J. (2021). Stochastic Bilevel programing Design of A JIT Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Network: Modeling and Algorithm. The Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 11(4), 137-165. (In Persian)
- Hesari, S., & Arbabi, S. (2016). Using the Q-Learning in Order to Improving the Efficiency in Drive of Induction Motors. First International Comprehensive Competition Conference of Engineering Sciences in Iran, 1-11. (In Persian)
- Hooshyar, M., Moosavi, J., & Mahootchi, M. (2011). The application of Reinforcement Learning in Optimizing the Exploitation of Surface Reservoirs. The 6th National Congress of Civil Engineering, 1-8. (In Persian)
- Ishabakaki, P. & Kaijage, S. (2015). RFID-based Drug Management and Monitoring System, Case of Public Hospitals in Tanzania, A Review Paper. Computer Engineering and Applications, 4(3), 165-172.
- Jafari, T., Zarei, A., Azar, A. & Moghadam, A.R. (2022). Designing a Model for the Impact of Business Inteligence on Supply Chain Performance with an Emphasis on Integration and Agility. The Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 12(47), 279-315. DOI: 10.52547/JIMP.12.3.279 (In Persian)
- Javadpour, A., & Mohammadi, S. (2014). Implement a portable wireless system for online heart rate monitoring. The first conference on new approaches to medical engineering in the field of cardiovascular diseases. (In Persian)
- Jouyban, F., Yousefi-Nejad, M., & Neyshaboori, E. (2018). Presenting a bi-objective stochastic pharmaceutical supply chain model considering time and cost. Journal of industrial management, 13(44), 15-28. (In Persian)
- Kangarlou Haghighi, R., Toloie Eshlaghy, A., Motadel, M.R. (2022). Agent-based Conceptual Model of Online Monitoring System, To Improve Pharmaceutical Distribution System. Journal of Business Intelligence Management Studies, 10(38), 267-316. Doi:10.22054/IMS.2021.58644.1904 (In Persian)
- Khaksar, M., Derhami, V. & Rezaeian, M. (2018). Improve Performance of Attack in the Team Robots Soccer Using Reinforcement Learning. Tabriz Journal of Electrical Engineering, 48(2), 585-594. (In Persian)
- Khalil zadeh, N., sepehri, M.M & Farvaresh, H. (2014). Intelligent sales prediction for pharmaceutical distribution companies: A Data Mining based approach. Mathematical problems in engineering, 1-15. (In Persian)
- Khani, M., Saghaei, A., & Heidarzadeh Hanzaee. (2019). Modeling New product Launch Strategies Within Agent-Based Simulation. Journal of New Research in Decision Making, 4(4), 177-204. (In Persian)
- Mehregan, M.R, Abooyee ardakan, M., Sadeqi arani, Z. & Zoormand, O. (2016). Simulation of market buying behavior: an agent-based modeling approach. Modiriat-E-Farda journal, 15(48), 35-64. (In Persian)
- Monti, C., Pangallo, M., Morales, G.F., & Bonchi, F. (2022). On Learning Agent-Based Models from data, arxiv, 2022, 1-26.
- Nikanjam, A., Abdoos, M., & Mahdavi Moghadam, M. (2021). Environments using Knowledge Transfer for Herding Problem. Journal of Control, 14(4), 55-66. (In Persian)
- Niki Oskoui, K., Behboudi, D., & Asgharpoor, H. (2018). Designing an agent-based model to determine Iran's strategy in international gas trade. Quarterly Journal of Energy Policy and Planning Research, 4(10), 67-97. (In Persian)
- Rabiee, M., razaz, M., & joorabian, M. (2014). Provide a method for monitoring and detecting the mechanical fault of the power transformer winding online. 7th Conference on Power Plants, Hormozgan. (In Persian)
- Salehnia, N., Moosavi, F. (2019). Agent-based modeling using NetLogo software. First edition, Tehran, Dibagaran Cultural and Artistic Institute, 13-14. (In Persian)
- Schroeder, B.A. (1995). Online-Monitoring: A tutorial computing practices. 5(18), 72-77.
- Sepehrnia, S., & Azimi, B. (2016). Investigate instant and online monitoring and suggest a method for obtaining a sample and how to measure water and wastewater from the perspective of reference standards. First International Conference on Environmental Pollution Sampling and Monitoring, 115-122. (In Persian)
- Shahverdi, K., & Monem, M.J. (2015). Development of Reinforcement Learning Algorithm for Automation of slide Gate Check Structure in Canals. Journal of Water and Soil, 29(4), 828-837. (In Persian)
- Wang, L., Wang, Y. (2022). Supply chain Financial Service Management System Based on Block Chain IOT data Sharing and Edge Computing. Alexandria Engineering Journal, 61(1), 147-158.
- Wano, F., Tatebe, N., Tajima, Y., Nakata, M., Kovacs, T. & Takadama, K. (2018). Multi Agent Cooperation based on Reinforcement Learning with internal Reward in maze problem, SICE Journal of control measurement integration, 11(4), 321-330.
- Zhang, Z., & Wang, D. (2018). EAQR: A Multiagent Q-learning Algorithm for coordination of Multiple Agents, Hindawi, 2018(7172614), 1-14.