Document Type : Original Article
Ph.D, University and National Defense Research Institute and Strategic Research.
Associate Professor, University and National Defense Research Institute and Strategic Research.
Construction projects play a vital role in fostering development by creating essential infrastructures, attracting private sector investment, and promoting sustainable growth. However, issues such as non-compliance with development strategies, cost and time overruns, and poor quality implementation can hinder progress. To address these challenges, it is crucial to analyze the current state of construction plans and devise appropriate strategies to achieve desired outcomes. This study employs a mixed-method research approach, combining thematic analysis in the qualitative section and a survey of relevant stakeholders in the quantitative section. The study analyzes 33 indicators of strength, 11 indicators of opportunity, 8 indicators of weakness, and 12 indicators of threats across seven dimensions, including financing, structure, system, process, stakeholders, leadership, management, human capital, and culture. The findings suggest that the current state of construction plans is in the defensive area based on the situation assessment matrix and strategic measures. This study provides valuable insights for policymakers and practitioners to adopt appropriate strategies to move towards the desired outcomes in construction projects.
- Ahmadi, J., Ahmadi, J., & Taherkhani, R. (2021). Investigating the main obstacles to success in private and public sector partnership projects: A case study of Zanjan governor's development project. Civil and Project Journal, 3(10), 11-28. (In Pesian)
- Binder, J.C., Gardiner, P.D., & Ritchie, J.M. (2009). Global project management framework: a Cartesian concept model. Project Management Institute Global Congeres, Amsterdam.
- Deputy of administrative, financial and human resources affairs. (2008). Vocabulary of technical and executive system of the country, Planning and Budget Organization. (In Pesian)
- Ebrahimi, F., Nikaeen, Z., & Sajadi Hezaveh, S.H., (2021). Factors Affecting the Delays in Sports Construction Projects by Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP), Strategic Studies on Young and Sports, 20, 305-317. (In Pesian)
- Habibi, A., Hooshmand Ayini, A., & Masoumi, H. (2020). Financing methods and ways of exploiting development projects (Case study of Ministry of Energy plans for water resources management). Civil and Project Journal, 2(5), 38-54. (In Pesian)
- Hasanbegi, E. (2018). Sterategic Manaegment. SAMT Publisher. (In Pesian)
- Javidi Sabbaghian, R., Shamsi, G.M., & Saghi, H. (2022). Developing Multiple Criteria Decision-Making Model based on the Best- Worst-VIKOR Method for Evaluation of Civil Projects Contractors; Case Study of Civil Projects in Southern Khorasan Province. Journal of Civil and Environmental Engineering, 51(4), 11-22 (In Pesian).
- Khanifar, H., & Moslemi, N. (2018). Principles and basics of qualitative research methods: a new and practical approach. Negahedanesh Publisher. (In Pesian)
- Khanmohammadi, E., & Safari, H., (2022). Prioritizing Strategic Objectives of Balanced Scorecard using Quantitative Approaches of SWOT and Fuzzy Multiple-Criteria Decision Making Method. Journal of Industrial Management Prespective, , 12(2), 37-63 (In pesian).
- Kureh, A., & Shahrokhi, M. (2020). The Development of a Model for Supply Chain Disruptions Management in Construction Projects, Scientific Journal of Supply Chain Management, 23, 9-22. (In pesian)
- Mintzberg, H., Ahlstrand, B.W., & Lampel, J. (2009). Strategy Safari: The Complete Guide Through the Wilds of Strategic Management, FT Prentice Hall.
- Mintzberg, H. (2000). The rise and fall of strategic planning. Pearson Education.
- Moghbel Baarz, A., Azar, A., Taghavi, A., & Nahavandi, B., (2013). Representing a Methodology for Refinement of Strategic Objectives in Strategy Map Establishment: Combining Quality Function Deployment and Fuzzy Screening. Journal of Industrial Management Prespective, 3(3), 9-38. (In Pesian)
- Mohammadi, M., Aslani, F., & Sayedi Ghahfarrokhi, F.S. (2021). Barriers of Public Sector Financing for Construction Projects in Isfahan Province Using a Multi-Criteria Approach. Journal of Asset Management and Financing, 8(4), 101-116. (In Pesian)
- 17. Müller, R., (2009). Project Governance (Fundamentals of project management). Ashgate Publishing Group.
- Lashkarboloki, M., (2018). Implementation of strategy. Aryanaghalam Publication. (In Pesian)
- Lashkarboloki, M. (2015). Step-by-step guide to implementing strategy in action. Aryanaghalam Publication. (In Pesian)
- Parsaeian, A., & Arabi, M. (2011). Criticism and Review of the book: "Management". Management review, 1, 141-163. (In Pesian).
- Patanakul, P., & Shenhar, A.J. (2012). What project strategy really is: The fundamental building block in strategic project management. Project Management Journal,. 43(1), 4-20.
- Piri. H., (2022). Investigating the Causes of Delays in Railway Projects. A Systematic Review Study. Civil and Project Journal, 4(1), 73-87. (In Pesian)
- Sepehrirad, A., Khodadad-Hosseini, S.H., Kordnaeij, A., & Moshabbeki-Esfahani, A. (2019). Developing Successful Strategy Implementation and Execution Model: Antecedents, Consequence, Organizational Resources Management Researchs, 9(2), 41-64. (In Pesian)
- Ul Musawir, A., Abd-Karim, S.B., & Mohd-Danuri, M.S. (2020). Project governance and its role in enabling organizational strategy implementation: A systematic literature review. International Journal of Project Management, 38(1), 1-16.
- Valipour Khatir, M., Akbarzadeh, Z., Mohammadi Nodehaki, Z., (2015). Manufacturing Strategy Evaluation using Fuzzy QFD Approach. Journal of Industrial Management Prespective, 5(3), 169-183. (In pesian)
- Zandi doulabi, R., & Amirkardoost, A. (2022). Identifying and Prioritizing the Factors Affecting Safety, Health and Environment in Construction Projects using Multi-Criteria Decision-Making Technique. Civil and Project Journal, 4(3), 26-42 (In Pesian).