Document Type : Original Article
Assistant Professor, Allameh Tabatabai University.
In the era of globalized markets, international standards play a crucial role in the development of business processes and ensuring adherence to export and import regulations, efficiency, and safety measures. Actively engaging in the formulation of international standards and harmonizing assessment methodologies can lead to enhanced product competitiveness, cost reduction, and the infusion of cutting-edge global knowledge and technology into a country. The objective of this research is to identify strategies in various domains of the standardization and quality management system, aiming to achieve the vision of "Development, Progress, and Social Welfare through Standards" in Iran. The research employs a qualitative approach and utilizes the research synthesis method. The research population encompasses all higher-level laws and documents of the Islamic Republic of Iran, international documents, and strategic documents from other countries pertaining to standards and quality. A systematic selection process led to the identification of 16 documents based on predefined criteria, saturating the data collection. Thematic analysis, facilitated by "Max Quda" software version 17, extracted 18 strategies across three primary categories and 57 actionable policy directives within the framework of the "National Standards Organization of Iran." The outcomes of this study hold direct utility for senior managers within the Standard Organization, members of the Supreme Policy Council, and regulatory and inspection entities.
- A Guide to Opening the Door for Global Trade, Setting up Accreditation Bodies in Developing Countries (2017). UNIDO.
- Communicated policies and orders of the leadership in relation to the resistance economy, statement of the second step of the revolution, (2017). [In Persian].
- European Accreditation (EA) Strategy, From Good to Great, (2025). european-accreditation.org
- Hayward, F. M. (2017). Reflections on two decades of quality assurance and accreditation in developing economies. Planning for Higher Education, 46(1), 21-31.
- Hosseini, S. Y., Shafiei, F., & Destranj, M. (2019). Predicting the success of organizations in implementing ISO standard systems based on the diagnostic analysis method, Journal of Industrial Management Perspectives, 2(8) 9-34. (In Persian)
- Huimin, M., Wu, X., Yan, L., Huang, H., Wu, H., Xiong, J., & Zhang, J. (2018). Strategic plan of “Made in China 2025” and its implementation. In Analyzing the Impacts of Industry 4.0 in Modern Business Environments(pp. 1-23). IGI Global.
- Hurevich, V. L., & Liakhova, N. D. (2021). 30 Years to Coomet: Results and Prospects of Cooperation. Measurement Techniques, 64(7), 529-540
- IAF Strategic Plan 2020-2025, iaf.nu
- International Auditing and Assurance Standards board, Proposed Strategy for 2020-2023 and Work plan for 2020-2021, iaasb.org
- International Trade Center, Strategic plan 2018-202, Trade Routes to Sustainable and Inclusive Development, intracen.org
- ISO Strategy 203, (2011). Making lives easier, safer and better, ISO.org
- Joint BIPM, OIML, ILAC and ISO Declaration on Metrological traceability, 2011, updated 2018
- Joint IAF OIML assessment procedure, World of Quality, 2020,
- Khorasani, A. (2015). International standards: ISO 10015 standard. Tehran: Publications of Iran Industrial Research and Education Center. [In Persian].
- Measures of the Islamic-Iranian model of progress, (2021). (In Persian).
- Mohammad Khani, M. R; Bahadri Jahormi, M; & Hosseinzadeh, S. A. A. (2015). The establishment plan of Iran's national standard and quality organization. Tehran: Islamic Republic of Iran Research Center. (In Persian).
- National Export Strategy Document, National Standards Organization, Trade Development Organization and World Trade Center, (2019). (In Persian).
- National Measurement Strategy Delivery Plan 2017-2020, June 2018, www.gov.uk/beis
- Plan, C. A., Strategy, C. A., Assessment, C. F. A., Board, C. I., Index, C. P., Policy, C., ... & Product, G. D. (2007). Weights and measures.
- Reform programs in the administrative system, (2016). (In Persian).
- Room, S. C. C. R. (2020). Strategic plan 2020-2023. South Carolina State Documents Depository.
- Schmidt, J. (2022). Strategy for ISO 4126 into 2030–future standardization of pressure protection systems. Chemical Engineering Transactions, 90, 499-504.
- The Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran, (1979). (In Persian).
- The law of strengthening and developing the standard system, (2016). (In Persian).
- The People's Government Transformation Document and the People's Government Managers' Agreement, (2021). (In Persian).
- The principles and roadmap for the transformation of the country's standardization system, (2015). (In Persian).
- Trade, D. G. (2017). Strategic Plan 2016-2020. Brussels: European Commission.
- Twenty-year vision document of the Islamic Republic of Iran, (2003). ([In Persian).
- Union, A. (2016). The African Union Commission begins the process of validating SME Strategy and Master Plan 2017-2021. Last accessed, 29(9),APAC strategic Plan 2019-2021, 13 May 2019, www.apac-accreditation.org.
- Yemeni Dozi Sorkhabi, M. (2014). Quality in higher education. Tehran: Shahid Beheshti University Press, Tehran. (In Persian).
- Hosseini, S. Y., Shafiei, F., & Destrange, M. (2011). Predicting the success of organizations in implementing ISO standard systems based on the diagnostic analysis method. The Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 2(4), 9-34. (In Persian).
- Azar, A., Ali M., Muslim, M. B., & Ahmadi, P. (2011). Manufacturing design to measure service quality in the supply chain. The Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 2(2), 9-24. (In Persian).
- Kumar, M. R. (2007). Comparison between DP and MBNQA: Convergence and Divergence over Time. The TQM Magazine, 19(3), 245-258.
- Kim, H. (2004). Best Practices in e-Business Process Management. Business Process Management Journal, 10(1), 27-43.
- Ghobadian, A., & Hong S. W. (1996). Characteristics, benefits and shortcomings of four major quality awards. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 13(2), 38-54.
- Chris, H. (2007). A Management Guide: The EFQM Excellence Model For assessing Organizational Performance. Van Haren Publishing.