Document Type : Original Article
Master Student, Ferdowsi University.
Professor, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad.
The main purpose of this study is to provide a framework for evaluating the performance of Mashhad City Train Operating Company based on a balanced scorecard and multi-criteria decision technique (fuzzy best-worst). The current research is applied in terms of purpose and quantitative-documentary in terms of method. Qualitative data collection was done based on the opinion of 15 experts during the period between 2017 and 2019 in Mashhad Train Operation Company. Nine financial criteria, sixteen in terms of customers, eight in terms of internal process and fourteen in terms of growth and development and learning to evaluate performance through company documents and previous research are identified and weighted; Therefore, in this study, an attempt was made to calculate the weight of perspectives and criteria using the best-worst fuzzy technique, respectively, in which the perspective of customers had the most weight and the perspective of growth and development and learning had the least weight; Finally, the performance of Mashhad City Train Operating Company was evaluated. The overall performance of the company has decreased in 2018 compared to 2017, and has increased in 2019 compared to 2017 and 2018.
- Ahmed, H. U., & Azeem,A .(2014). Evaluation of System Performance of Metro Bus Lahore, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Asgharpour, M. J. (2018). Book of Multi-Criteria Decision Making. University of Tehran. (In Persian).
- Asgharizadeh, E., & Mohammadi Balai, A. (2017). Book of Multi-Individual Decision Making Techniques. University of Tehran. (In Persian).
- De-Magistris, Tiziana. Gracia, Azucena. Barreiro-Hurle, Jesus.(2017). Do consumers care about European food labels? An empirical evaluation using best-worst method. British Food Journal Eastern Michigan University 17 October 2017 (PT).
- Ehrampoosh, H., Hemmatian, D., & Delavari, H. (2015). A model for evaluating the performance of metro companies with a balanced scorecard approach (Case study: Mashhad City Train Operation Company), the second international conference on management tools and techniques , 1-18. (In Persian).
- Ehrampoosh, H., Hemmatian, D., & Sarkhosh, A. (2015). Review and evaluation of key metro performance indicators and compare it with world class. Annual Strategic Management Conference, 1-19. (In Persian)
- EhramPoosh, H., Hemtian, D., & Hassanian, S.M .(2011). Evaluating the performance of the maintenance area using a balanced scorecard (Case study: Mashhad and Suburbs Urban Train Operation Company. Mashhad and Suburbs Urban Train Operation Company, 1-12. (In Persian).
- Goharpour, A.A., & Azmoudeh, H. (2016). Evaluation of the performance of the combined metro transportation system with other modes of transportation by AHP method (Case study: Sadeghi metro station in Tehran), Azad University, Electronic Branch, 1-11. (In Persian).
- Guo, S., & Zhao, H..(2017). Fuzzy best-worst multi-criteria decision-making method and its applications, Knowledge-Based Systems 0 0 0 (2017) 1–9.
- Habibi, A. (2018). Multi-criteria decision making book. Pars Manager. (In Persian).
- Haghighi Kafash, M., & Sadeghi, F. (2009). Evaluating the performance of Tehran Metro Operating Company with a balanced scorecard model, Scientific-Extension Quarterly. Management Studies, 19(58), 107-125. (In Persian).
- Heydari Jroudeh, M., Reza Arqami, N., & Zanjanizadeh, H. (2018). Guide to Measuring Validity and Reliability in Cultural and Social Research. University Jihad Publications. (In Persian).
- Yu, M. M., Chen, L. H., & Hsiao, B. (2016). Dynamic performance assessment of bus transit with the multi-activity network structure. Author's Accepted Manuscript.
- Karamooz, S.S., Ahmadi Kohnali, R., & Ghafornia, M. (2019). Evaluate supply chain quality management performance by combining balanced scorecard and system dynamics. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 9(35), 165-193. (In Persian).
- Pour, M. J., Mesrabadi, J., & Hosseinzadeh, M. (2019). A comprehensive framework to rank cloud-based e-learning providers using best-worst method (BWM): A multidimensional perspective. Online Information Review.
- Judicial, M., Farahmandi, I., & Attarzadeh Tusi, H .(2015). Evaluating the performance of bus lines using a triple combination of data envelopment analysis models, entropy and TOPSIS. Performance evaluation of bus lines, 23, 307-318. (In Persian).
- Kaplan R. S., & Norton D. P. (2001). Transforming Balanced Scorecard from Performance Measurement to Strategic Management. Accounting Horizons, 15(2), 147-60.
- Kaplan R. S., & Norton D. P. (1996). Using the balanced scorecard as a strategic management system. Harvard Business Review, January-February, 74(1), 75-85.
- Khoram, F. (2012). Qatarshahri in the country. Danesh Nema Monthly, 210, 19-24. (In Persian).
- Kouchaki, A. Khakpour, B., & Kharazmi.,O.A (2013). Evaluation of the performance of Mashhad light urban train in sustainable urban development, Master Thesis, Geography and Urban Planning, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, p.54. (In Persian)
- Maher, W. M. (2005). Hand Book of Cost Management. Davis, University of California.
- Mehregan, M.R., & Moradi, Z. (2021). Use a combined multi-step approach to Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) and Balanced Scorecard (BSC) to improve performance appraisal. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 10(37), 143-165. (In Persian).
- Mohebbia Moghaddam, A. (2008). EFQM Model of Organizational Excellence in Executive Techniques and Techniques. Tehran, Yas Behesht Publications, his publication. (In Persian).
- Mousavi, M. (2016). Designing a model for evaluating the performance of urban management organizations using the development of a balanced scorecard. Quarterly Journal of Management of Government Organizations, 4(2), 99-106. (In Persian).
- Noorollahi, H., & Berkpour, N. (2014). Evaluation of the works of one of the rail-urban system on the quality of urban environment Case study: Mashhad city train line. Transportation engineering, 5(3), 1-20. (In Persian).
- Oskunezhad, M. (2017). Book of Engineering Economics. Amirkabir University. (In Persian).
- Parents, M.S., Modaresi, S.N., Behjat, M., & Shahvazian, S. (2010) Familiarity with performance appraisal systems. Tehran: Text. (In Persian)
- Paydar, A., Ameli, A.R, & Tehrani, H. (2021). Evaluating the Performance of Metro Transportation System Using Engineering Economics Techniques and Data Envelopment Analysis with Sustainable Transportation Development Approach (Case Study: Tehran Metropolis). Scientific Quarterly of Transportation, 17(2) , 1-20. (In Persian).
- Poustachi, A., & Taghizadeh, R. (2015). Ranking of Manufacturing Industries in Iran Based on Fuzzy Method BWM-VIKOR and BWM-PROMRTHEE, Master Thesis in Industrial Engineering, Optimization of Systems, Urmia University of Technology (Faculty of Industrial Engineering). (In Persian)
- Rajaei, S.J., Noei, G.H., & Mazinani, S.A. (2017). On the rails of service (oral history of a line of a city train in Mashhad) Book of city train. N. Mashhad: Book of healing. (In Persian).
- Rajaei, Y., Qelichkhani, S., Soltani, S., & Bagheri, S. (2015). Fuzzy theory and its application in inventory control systems, Khajeh Nasir al-Din Tusi University of Technology. (In Persian).
- Rahnavard, F. (2008). Factors Affecting the Performance of Iranian Public Sector Organizations. Journal of Humanities and Social Management, 8(77), 4-100. (In Persian).
- Rezvani, T., Hemmatian, H., & Waki Al-Roaya, Y. (2013). Performance evaluation based on Balanced Scorecard (BSC) studied: Bastam Municipality, M.Sc. Thesis, Islamic Azad University, Semnan Branch, Faculty of Humanities. (In Persian)
- Rezaei, J. (2015).Best-worstmulti-criteriadecision-making method, Omega, 53 49-57.
- Sallis, J., Lawrence, D., Brian, E., Saelens, M., & Kraft, K. (2004). Active Transportation and Physical Activity: Opportunities for Collaboration on Transportation and Public Health Research. Transportation Research Part A, 38(4), 249-268.
- Saraei, M., & Mohamadzade, Z. (2014). Assessment Of The Effectiveness Of BRT System In Mashhad. Journal Of Geography And Planning, 18(49), 119-137.
- Sakhaeipour, E., Asgharizadeh, E., & Fathi, M.R. (2017). Evaluating the performance of companies producing sports products using a balanced scorecard, COPRAS BWM, Master Thesis in Industrial Management, Institute of Education Higher guidance of Damavand. (In Persian).
- Safaei Qadiklai, A.H., Walipur Khatir, M., & Mo'meni Malekshah, M. (2016). Performance Evaluation Based on BSC Approach Using Multi-Criteria Decision Making Techniques (Experimental Witness: Kaleh Dairy Products Company), Rasht Master Thesis in Industrial Management (Production and Operations Orientation), Mazandaran University. (In Persian).
- Soltani, A. (2012). An Ordered Logit Regression Model for Evaluation of Passenger Satisfaction of Shiraz Bus System. 1(2), 101-112.
- Soltani, A., Zargari Marandi, E., & Esmaili Ivaki, Y. (2013). Bus Route Evaluation Using a TwoStage Hybrid Model of Fuzzy AHP And TOPSIS. Journal of Transport Literature, 7(3), 34-58.
- Sun, L., & Yao, L. (2018). Vulnerability assessment of urban rail transite based on multi-static weighted method in beijing, china. Transportation research part A: Policy and Practice, 12-24.
- Shirazi, H., Hashemzadeh Khorasgani, G., Radfar, R., & Torabi, T. (2019). Evaluating the technology commercialization performance of start-up companies based on the best-worst fuzzy method. Technology Development Management Quarterly, 2(7), 129-159. (In Persian).
- Talebi, D., & Arashpour, A. (2013). Evaluation of educational performance with a comparative approach of network analysis and demitel. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 10(2), 85-100. (In Persian).
- Young, M., & Karimi, H. (2018). Presenting the best-worst decision-making criterion method in fuzzy environment, the first national conference on management and economics with the approach of resistance economics. (In Persian).
- Young, M., Karimi, H., & Diranloo, M. (2017). Presenting the best-worst criterion decision method in fuzzy environment, Master Thesis in Industrial Engineering, Systems Optimization, Bojnourd Institute of Higher Education (Faculty of Industrial Engineering). (In Persian).