Document Type : Original Article
Assistant Professor, Hormozgan University.
M.Sc., Fars Science and Research Unit, Islamic Azad University.
In the last few years, as the complexity increases, so does the level of uncertainty; Therefore, supply chain risk management is one of the topics that has been considered by organizations. One of the risks existing in the supply chain is the risk of suppliers. This research provides a model for evaluating supply chain risk management, with a focus on a real-world case: SHIFOO food industry. The model used is a combination of Fuzzy Linguistic Computing (FLC) to calculate the risk of factors in accordance with the verbal semantic spectrum, and the VIKOR method to measure the level of importance of these factors. By reviewing the studies and also using the opinions of experts, 5 factors of available capacity, lack of trust to the company, lack of skilled staff and distance between the supplier and organization were identified as factors affecting risk creation in the supply chain. Then, by using the modified two-tuple FLC (Fuzzy Linguistic Computing) model, the food supply chain risk of SHIFOO was obtained between "low" and "medium" options. Finally, by using the supply chain risk gap analysis technique, it was found that inability of supplier for provide a certain number of raw materials has importance risk among other criteria.
- Abdel-Basset, M., Gunasekaran, Mohameda, M. M., & Chilamkurti, N. (2019). A framework for risk assessment, management and evaluation: Economic tool for quantifying risks in supply chain. Future Generation Computer Systems, 90, 489–502.
- Abdolvand, M.A. & Shamaei, A. (2009). Assessing the factors affecting buyer satisfaction in the supply chain, Marketing Management, 4(7), 69-98. (In Persian)
- Balan, S.,Vrat, P., & Kumar, P. (2006). Risk analysis in global supply chain network environment. European Journal of Operational Research, 174 (3), 1353-1367.
- Basole, R. C., Bellamy, M. A., Park, H., & Putrevu, J. (2016). Computational Analysis and Visualization of Global Supply Network Risks, 12(3), 1206-1213.
- Bogataj, D., & Bogataj, M. (2007). Measuring the Supply Chain Risk and Vulnerability in Frequency Space. J. Production Economics, 108(1-2), 291-301.
- Bolstorff, P., & Rosenbaum, R. G. (2012). Supply chain excellence: a handbook for dramatic improvement using the SCOR model. Amacom Div American Mgmt Assn.
- Cambra, J., & Polo, Y). 2008). Creating satisfaction in the demand-supply chain: the buyers’ perspective. International Journal of Supply Chain Management, 13(3), 211-224.
- Carpignano, A.,Nironi, C., & Ganci, F. (2011). Technological risk: a criterion for the optimisation of future EU energy supply scenarios. International Journal of Energy Sector Management, 5(1), 81-100.
- Chen, B., & Xia, D. (2011). A comprehensive decision-making model for risk management of supply chain. Expert Systems with Applications, 38, 4957–4966.
- Chopra, S., Meindi, p. (2004). Supply Chain management:Strategy, Planning of and Operations, second edition, published by Dorling Kindersley (India) Pvt. Ltd., licensees of Pearson Education in South Asia.
- Christopher, M., & Lee, H. (2004). Mitigating Supply Chain Risk Through Improved Confidence. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 34(5), 388-396.
- Christopher, M., & Peck, H. (2003). Building the Resilient Supply Chain. International Journal of Logistics Management, 15(2), 1-13.
- Colicchia, C. (2019). Information sharing in supply chains: A review of risks and opportunities using the systematic literature network analysis (slna). Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 24(1), 5–21.
- Da Silva, E. M., Ramos, M. O., Alexander, A., & Jabbour, C. J. C. (2020). A systematic review of empirical and normative decision analysis of sustainability related supplier risk management. Journal of Cleaner Production, 244,
- Eckes, G., (2001). Six Sigma Revolution. Wiley, New York, NY.
- Farooq, S., & O’Brien, C. (2010 ). Risk calculations in the manufacturing technology selection process. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 21(1), 28-49.
- Gaudenzi, B., Borghesi, A. ( 2006 ).“Managing risks in the supply chain using the AHP method”, The International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol. 17 No. 1, pp. 114-136.
- Gaudenzi, B.; & Borghesi, A. (2006). Managing risks in the supply chain using the AHP method. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 17(1).
- Ghadge, A., Wurtmann, H., & Seuring, S. (2020). Managing climate change risks in global supply chains: A review and research agenda. International Journal of Production Research, 58(1), 44–64.
- Giannokis, M.& Louis, M. (2011). A multi- agent based framework for suply chain risk management. Journal of parchasing & supply management, 17, 23-31.
- Goh, M., Y.S. Lim, J., & Meng, F. (2007). A stochastic model for risk management in global supply chain networks. European journal of operational research, 182(1), 164-173.
- Hallikas, J., Virolainen, V.M., Tuominen, M. (2002). Risk analysis and assessment in network environment: A dyadic case study. International Journal of Production economics, 78(1), 45-55.
- Harland, C., Brenchley, R., & Walker, H. (2003). Risk in supply networks. Journal of Purchasing and supply management, 9, 51-62.
- Jafari, M., Rezaeenour, J., Mahdavi Mazdeh, M., & Hooshmandi, A. (2011). “Development and evaluation of a knowledge risk management model for project-based organizations A multi-stage study. Management Decision, 49(3), 309-329.
- Ja'farnejad Chaqooshi, A., Rajabani, N. Khalili Esbuei S., & Narges Hakimi, N. (2019). Identifying and ranking appropriate resilience supply chain strategies, hybrid approach of game theory and fuzzy MCDM, Journal of Indusrial Management Perspective, 9(20), 9-31. .(In Persian)
- Jüttner U., Peck H., & Christopher M. (2003). Supply chain risk management: outlining and agenda for future research. International Journal of Logistic Research and application, 6(4), 197-210.
- Juttner, U. (2005). Supply chain risk management: Understanding the business requirements from a practitioner perspective. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 16(1), 120-141.
- Juttner, U., (2005). Supply chain risk management: Understanding the business requirements from a practitioner perspective. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 16(1), 120-141.
- Khaki, Gh. (1999). Research method with an approach to dissertation writing. First Edition, Derayat Publishing- Cultural Center, Tehran. (In Persian)
- Killicci, O., & Onal, S.A. (2011). Fuzzy AHP approach for supplier selection in a washing machine company. Expert System with Application, 38, 9656-9664.
- Lavastre O., Gunasekaran A., & Spalanzani A. (2012). Supply chain risk management in French companies. Decision. Support Systems, 52(4), 828- 838.
- Y.H, & Kim.S.H).2002. (Production-distribution planning in supply chain considering capacity constraints. Computer and industrial engineering, 43, 169-190.
- Lockamy III, A., (2011), Benchmarking supplier risks using Bayesian networks, Benchmarking: An International Journal, 18(3), 409-427.
- Manuj, I., & Metzer, J. (2008). Global supply chain management strategies. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics management, 38(3), 192—223.
- Matook, S., Lasch, R., & TamaSC1e, R. (2009). Supplier Development with Bench marketing as Part of a comprehensive supplier risk management framework. International journal of peration & production Management, 29(3), 241-267.
- Micheli, G.J.L., Cagno, E., & Zorzini, M. ( 2008). Supply risk management vs supplier selection to manage the supply risk in the EPC supply chain. Management Research News, 31(11), 846-866.
- Mohammadi, A., & Shojaee, P. (2017). Provide a comprehensive model of supply chain risk management components: Hypercombined approach. Executive Management Research Letter, 8(15), 93-112. (In Persian)
- Mohammadi; A., Mosleh Shirazi; A., Bagher Ahmadi; M., & Shojaei, P. (2014). Interpretive Structural Modeling for Project Supply Chain Risks in State Gas Company.The Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 3(4), 9-37. (In Persian)
- Norman, A., & Jansson, U. (2004). Ericsoons Proactive supply chain risk management approach after a serious sub-supplier accident. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 34(25), 434-456.
- Oke, A., & Gopalakrishnan, M. (2009). Managing Disruptions in Supply Chains: A Case Study of a Retail Supply Chain. International Journal of Production Economics, 118, 168-174.
- Opricovic, S., & Tzeng, G.H. (2004). Compromise solution by MCDM methods: A comparative analysis of VIKOR and TOPSIS. Europen Joournal of Operation Research, 156(2), 445–455.
- Opricovic, S. (1998). Multicriteria Optimization of Civil Engineering Systems, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Belgrad.
- Patterson, L.J., & Kim, M) . 2000(. Strategic sourcing: a systematic approach to supplier evaluation, selection and development. Caps Research, 4, 112-125.
- Pooya, A. (2004). Designing a mathematical model for production and distribution planning of Azemayesh Company, Master Thesis, Tarbiatmodarres University, Tehran. (In Persian)
- Pournader, M., Kach, A., & Talluri, S. (2020). A Review of the Existing and Emerging Topics in the Supply Chain Risk Management Literature. Decision Sciences, 51(4), 867-919.
- Ravindran, A.R., Bilsel. RU., Wadhwa, V., & Yang, T. (2010). Risk adjusted multicriteria supplier selection models with applications. International Journal of Production Research, 48(2), 405-424.
- Ritchie, B., Brindley, C. (2007). Supply chain risk management and performance: A guiding framework for future development. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 27(3), 303-322.
- Sanayei, A., Mousavi, S., Yazdankhah, F., (2010). A Group decision making process for supplier selection with VIKOR under fuzzy environment. Expert Systems with Applications, 37, 24-30.
- Shahbaz, M. S., Zuraidah R., Rasi, M., Ahmad, M.F.B., Rehman, F. (2017). What is Supply Chain Risk Management? A Review, Advanced Science Letters, 23, 9233–9238.
- Shahbaz, M.S., Rasi, R.Z., Zulfakar, M.H., Ahmad, M.F., Abbas, Z. & Mubarak, M.F. (2018). A novel metric of measuring performance for supply chain risk management: drawbacks and qualities of good performance. Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences, 10(3S), 967-988.
- Shahbazi, M.S., Rasi R. Z., Bin Ahmad, F., (2019). A Novel Classification of Supply Chain Risks: Scale Development and Validation, Journal of Industrial Engineering and management, 12, Issue 1., PP. 201-2018.
- Sharma, R., Shishodia, A., Kamble, S., Gunasekaran, A. & Belhadi, A. (2020). Agriculture supply chain risks and COVID-19: mitigation strategies and implications for the practitioners, International Journal of Logistics Research andApplications, Published online: doi=10.1080/ 13675567.2020.1830049, pp.1-27
- Simkhah, M., Faizi, K., Olfat, L. & Amiri, M. (2015). Examine the conditions governing supply risk management In the automotive industry supply chain: Theories arising from data. Industrial Management, 6(4), 725-746. (In Persian)
- Singh, G., & Wahid, A.N. (2014), Supply chain risk management. International Journal of Supply Chain Management, 3(3),59-67.
- Sinha, P., E. Whitman, L., & Malzahn, D. (2004). Methodology to Mitigate Supplier Risk in An aerospace Supply Chain. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 9(2), 154-168.
- Talebi, D., & Iron, F. (2015). Identification of Risk Factors of Supply Chain and Supplier Selection with Analytical Network Process (Case: Automobile Indastry). The Journal ofIndustrial Management Perspective, 17, 31-43. (In Persian)
- Tang, O, Nurmaya Musa, S. (2011). Indentifying risk issues and research advancements in supply chain risk management. International Journal Production Economics, 133, 25-34.
- Trkman, P., & McCormack, K. (2009). Supply chain risk in tubullent enviorments –A conceptual model for managing supply chain risk in tubulent. International Journal Production Economics, 119, 247-258.
- Tuncel, G., Alpan, G., (2010). Risk assessment and management for supply chain networks: A case study. Computers in Industry, 61, 250-259.
- Wagner, S.M., & Neshat, N. (2010). Assessing the vulnerability of supply chain using graph theory. International Journal Production Economics, 126, 121- 129.
- Wen-Pai Wang. (2010). A fuzzy linguistic comouting approach to supplier evaluation. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 34, 3130–3141.
- Wilson, C.M. (2006). The impact of transportation disruptions on supply chain performance. Transportation Research Part e, 295-320.
- Wu, D., & Olson, D. (2008). Supply Chain Risk, Simulation and Vendor Selection. International Journal Production Economics, 114, 646-655.
- Yaakub, S., & Mustafa, H. K. (2015). Supply Chain Risk Management for the SME’s. Academic Journal of Interdisciption Study, 4(1).
- zsidisin, G., & M. Ellram, L. (2003). An Agency Theory Investigation of Supply Risk Management. The Journal of Supply Chain Management, 39(3), 15-30.
- Zsidisin, G., Melnyk S.A., & Ragatz, G.L. (2005). An institutional theory perspective of business continuity planning for purchasing and supply management. International Journal of Production Research, 43(16), 3401-3420.