Document Type : Original Article
Professor, Universoty of Tehran .
Ph.D. Industrial Management, University of Tehran
Nowadays, quality management is an important field for organizations, including the banking system, which faces fierce competition. Organizational Excellence Models serve as guides to help organizations improve their quality. The main aim of this study was to investigate the dynamic relationships between the approaches and criteria of the EFQM organizational excellence model and optimize the simulation of these relationships. To do this, we first identified the common approaches in the organizational excellence model and clustered them using the fuzzy clustering method. Next, we used the systems dynamics method of causal rings to discover the dynamic relationships between these approaches. Finally, using data from the banking system in Iran, we simulated cases and optimized the growth rate of organizational excellence in the sample over 20 years (2018-2019).
- Achoff, R. & Sharifi Kolouei, M. (1998). Scientific Method. Avin Publication. (In Persian)
- Achoff, R. & Shoorini, KH. (2001). Interactive planning. Avin Publication. (In Persian)
- Adab, M., (20013). Evaluation of Excellence of National Gaz Co. Based on EFQM. Management Research, 23( 70), 143-159. (In Persian)
- Akkemans, H., & Van Oorschot, K. (2005). Relevance assumed: a case study of balanced scorecard development using system dynamics. Journal of the Operation Research Society, 27, 931-941.
- AS Hornby. (2000). Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. U.K.: Oxford University.
- Asghari Zadeh, E., Safari, H., & Ghasemi, R. (2011). Canonical Correlation Analysis between Enabler and Results in EFQM Model: A Case Study in TAVANIR Company in Iran. EUropean Journal of Social Sciences, 23, 102-123.
- Barnabe, F. (2011). A 'system dynamics-based Balanced Scorecard' to support strategic decision making. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 60(5), 446-473.
- Bastan, M. & Shakouri Ganjavi, H. (2019). Model-Based Assessment of Energy Dependency Policies: A System Dynamics Approach. The Jornal of Industrisl Management Perspective, 34(93), 81-106. (In Persian)
- Bastan, M., Zarei, M. & Ahmadvand, A.M. (2020). Building Information Modeling Adoption Model in Iran. The Jornal of Industrisl Management Perspective, 11(42), 9-39. (In Persian)
- Bauer, A., Reiner, G., & Schamschule, R. (2010). Organizational and quality systems development: An analysis via a dynamic simulation model. Total Quality Management, 11, 410-416.
- Capelo, C., & Ferreira Dias, J. (2009). A system dynamics-based simulation experiment for testing mental model and performance effects of using the balanced scorecard. System DynamicsReview, 25, 1-34.
- Conti, T. (2007). A history and review of the European Quality award model. The TQM magazine, 19, 42-61.
- Davari, A., Rezazadeh, A. (2014). Structural equation modeling with PLS software. Jahad Daneshgahi. (In Persian)
- Dehghani Saryazdi, M., & Zare Mehrjerdi, Y. (2014). Analyzing the Effect of Organizational Strategies on Organizational results using system dynamics based upon EFQM model. International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Production Research, 25, 307-316.
- Devies, J. (2008). Intergration: is it the key to effective implementation of the EFQM Excellence Model? International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 2(5), 383-399.
- Ebadi Ziaei, A. (2014). A comparative study of the role of knowledge management in the excellence of business units and the improvement of banking processes. 6th National Confrance of Knowledge Management. (In Persian)
- Eshghi, K. & Karimi Nasab, (2012). Hybrid optimization and meta-heuristic algorithms. Azin Mehr Publication. (In Persian)
- Eslaminia, A. & Azimi, P. (2019). Solving the Electric Vehicle Routing Problem Considering the Vehicle Volume Limitation Using a Simulated Annealing Algorithm. The Jornal of Industrisl Management Perspective, 12(64), 165-188. (In Persian)
- Faraji Amiri, M. & Behnamian J. (2020). A Simulation Based Genetic Algorithm for Flowshop Scheduling Problem Considering Energy Cost under Uncertainty. The Jornal of Industrisl Management Perspective, 4(12), 9-32. (In Persian)
- Ghaffarpanah, M., Hosseinzadeh, M., & Kazemi, A. (2020). Modeling the Waste Disposal System of Isfahan City Using System Dynamics Approach. Modern Researches in Decision Making 18, 81-109. (In Persian)
- Haji Gholam Saryazdi, A., Rajabzadeh, A., Mashayekhi, A., Hassanzadeh, A. (2020). Designing System Dynamics Model of Crowdfunding Diffusion in Iran. Modern Researches in Decision Making, 14, 49-80. (In Persian)
- Hamidizadeh, M. & Rastgoo, M. (2012). A Proposed Model for Measuring Hardware and Software Quality of Banking Services in Banking Industry. Journal of Business Management, 16, 65-78. (In Persian)
- He, Y., Jiao, J., & Shu, H. (2018). The optimization of Chinese power grid investment on transmission and distribution tariff policy: A system dynamics approach. Energy Policy, 3 (23), 112-122.
- Huang, Jiangfeng, Han, Wang, & Li. (2018). Assessing impact of water regulation on alleviating regional water stress with a system dynamics model. Water Science & Technology, 12(34), 15, 67-82.
- Jelodar Mamaghani, B. (2005). Organization Excellence. Industrial Center. (In Persian)
- Karamouz, S.S., Ahmadi Kahnali, R. & Ghafurnia, M. (2019). Performance Measurement of Supply Chain Quality Management by Combination Balanced Scorecard and System Dynamics. The Jornal of Industrisl Management Perspective, 3(24), 165-193. (In Persian)
- Kazemi, A. & Sarvandi, F. (2018). Mathematical modeling of project scheduling problem with resource constraint approach and its solution using meta-heuristic algorithms. Modern Research in Decision Making, 23(56), 122-146) (In Persian)
- Khatami Firoozabadi, S., Taghavi Fard, S., Sajjadi, S. & Bamdad Soofi, J., (2018). Optimization through simulation to solve the problem of multi-objective allocation of clustered customers of banks. The Jornal of Industrisl Management Perspective, 13(43), 85-110. (In Persian)
- Khorshidi, S., & Etehady, M. (2015). Green Marketing: A System Dynamics Approach. International Research Journal of Applied and Basec Sciences, 9, 747-756.
- Manteghi, M., Haj Gholah Saryazdi, A., & Zare Mehrjerdi, Y. (2013). System Synamics. Almas Alborz Publishing.
- Mirghaderi, S. & Zandieh, M. (2011). Design of a new meta-heuristic algorithm based on the behavior of xcos and tanh mathematical functions. The Jornal of Industrisl Management Perspective, 14, 107-123. (In Persian)
- Mohamed, S., & Chinda, T. (n.d.). Organizational Safety Culture: A System Dynamics a.
- Montgomery, D. (2013). Statistical Quality Control. John Wiley and Sons.
- Moosavi, S. & Najafi, S. (2019). Evaluation of EFQM model Projects Using the Two-Stage Model of Data Envelopment Analysis - the Game Theory Approach (Case study: 39 hospitals). Modern Researches in Decision Making, 10, 167-195. (In Persian)
- Nielsen, S., & Nielsen, E. (2008). System dynamics modelling for a balanced scorecard. Management Research News, 31, 169-188.
- Nielsen, S., & Nielsen, E. (2011). Discussing feedback system thinking in relation to scenario evaluation in a balanced scorecard setup. Production Planning & Control: The Management of Operation, 23, 436-451.
- Omogbai, O., & Salontis, K. (2017). The implementaion of 5S lean tool using system dynamics approach. procedia CIRP 60, 27th CIRP Design Conference, (pp. 380-385).
- Rebs, T., Brandenburg, M., & Seuring, S. (2019). System dynamics modeling for sustainable supply chain management: A literature review and systems thinking approach. Journal of Cleaner Production, 23, 1265-1280.
- Rezaei, K. & Ostadi, B. (2005). ISO9000:2005. TUV NORD. (In Persian)
- Safari, H., Sadeghi Moghadam, M., Ebadi Ziaei, A. (2016). Causal modeling of relationships between criteria for EFQM excellence model in TOSE’E TA’AVON bank. Industroal Management Journal, 24, 423-446. (In Persian)
- Sayyadi, R., & Awasthi, A. (2020). An integrated approach based on system dynamics and ANP for evaluating sustainable transportation policies. International Journal of System Science: Operations & Logistics, 12 (42), 182-191.
- Shahroodi, K., Teimoori, A., Rokn Sharifi, A. (2011). Predicting the performance of companies using the criteria of the EFQM organizational excellence model. Journal of Industrial Strategic Management, 23, 1-13. (In Persian)
- Singh, R., & Modgil, S. (2019). Assessment of Supply Chain Flexibility Using System Dynamics Modeling. Global Journal of Flexible System Manahement, 3(5), 39-63.
- Sterman, J. (2000). Business Dynamics: Thinking and Modeling for a Complex World. McGraw-Hill.
- Sterman, J., Bararpoor, K., Rezaei Adl, L., Moosavi, Ahtanjani, P., Emami, M. (2016). Business Dynamics: Thinking and Modeling for a Complex World. SAMT Publication. (In Persian)
- Wongrassamee, P., & Gardiner, J. (2003). Performance measurement tools: BSC and the EFQM excellence model. Measuring Business Excellence, 3(14), 14-29.
- Yang, Showing, Li, & Huang. (2017). Using System Dynamics to Investigate How Belief Systems Influence the Process of Organizational Change. System Research and Behavioral Science, 24, 94-108.
- Yarmohammadi, N. & ShafiPoor, F. & Fooladvan, M. (2013), Relation Between Organization Justice, Job Satisfaction & Organization Commitment by EFQM. New Approach of Education Management, 4(3), 97-112. (In Persian)
- Zarraga-Rodrigues, M., & Jesus Alvarez, M. (2014). Does the EFQM model identify and reinforce information capability? Social and Behavioral Sciences, 716-721.