Document Type : Original Article
Professor, University of Tehran.
MSc, University of Tehran.
Among the decisions related to the milk supply chain, those related to the supply of raw milk from farms to the dairy factories are highly important. In this paper, a two-stage scenario-based possibilistic model is developed for designing a milk supply chain network from farms to the dairy factory in the form of location-routing problem. The milk which is collected by collection center (CC) vehicles or directly is delivered by farmers to CCs. The occurrence of disruption is considered in the form of probable scenarios. A given percentage of capacity of CCs and some of the existing routes might be unavailable under each disruption scenario. A possibilistic programming method is used to cope with epistemic uncertainty in parameters (cost, demand, and milk produced). Because of the mathematical model's high complexity in large sizes, a Lagrangian relaxation algorithm is also devised. The proposed model helps to make optimal decisions in the milk collection process from farms to factories according to existing constraints. The numerical results show the efficiency of the solution approach.
- Basnet, C., Foulds, L. R., & Wilson, J. M. (1999). An exact algorithm for a milk tanker scheduling and sequencing problem. Annals of Operations Research, 86, 559-568.
- Butler, M., Williams, H. P., & Yarrow, L. A. (1997). The two-period travelling salesman problem applied to milk collection in Ireland. Computational Optimization and Applications, 7(3), 291-306.
- Claassen, G. D. H., & Hendriks, T. H. (2007). An application of special ordered sets to a periodic milk collection problem. European Journal of Operational Research, 180(2), 754-769.
- Doodman, M., & Bozorgi Amiri, A. (2020). Integrate Blood Supply Chain Network Design with Considering Lateral Transshipment under Uncertainty. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 9(4), 9-40. (In Persian)
- Dutta, P., & Shrivastava, H. (2020). The design and planning of an integrated supply chain for perishable products under uncertainties. Journal of Modelling in Management,15(4), 1301-1337.
- Fazeli, F., & Seidi, M. (2018). in Different Levels and Solving by ε-Constraint Approach. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 8(3), 167-194. (In Persian)
- Fisher, M. L. (2004). The Lagrangian relaxation method for solving integer programming problems. Management science, 50(12_supplement), 1861-1871.
- Guarnaschelli, A., Salomone, H. E., & Méndez, C. A. (2020). A stochastic approach for integrated production and distribution planning in dairy supply chains. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 140,
- Jiménez, M., Arenas, M., Bilbao, A., & Rodrı, M. V. (2007). Linear programming with fuzzy parameters: an interactive method resolution. European journal of operational research, 177(3), 1599-1609.
- Jouzdani, J., & Govindan, K. (2021). On the sustainable perishable food supply chain network design: A dairy products case to achieve sustainable development goals. Journal of Cleaner Production, 278,
- Kamalahmadi, M., & Parast, M. M. (2016). A review of the literature on the principles of enterprise and supply chain resilience: Major findings and directions for future research. International Journal of Production Economics, 171, 116-133.
- Kouchaki Tajani, T., Mohtashami, A., Amiri, M., & Ehtesham Rasi, R. (2021). Presenting a Robust Optimization Model to Design a Comprehensive Blood Supply Chain under Supply and Demand Uncertainties. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 11(1, Spring 2021), 81-116. (In Persian)
- Lahrichi, N., Gabriel Crainic, T., Gendreau, M., Rei, W., & Rousseau, L. M. (2015). Strategic analysis of the dairy transportation problem. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 66(1), 44-56.
- Lahyani, R., Coelho, L. C., Khemakhem, M., Laporte, G., & Semet, F. (2015). A multi-compartment vehicle routing problem arising in the collection of olive oil in Tunisia. Omega, 51, 1-10.
- Masson, R., Lahrichi, N., & Rousseau, L. M. (2016). A two-stage solution method for the annual dairy transportation problem. European Journal of Operational Research, 251(1), 36-43.
- Mumtaz, M. K., Jalil, M. N., & Chatha, K. A. (2014). Designing the milk collection network using integrated location routing approach. In International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management.
- Osvald, A., & Stirn, L. Z. (2008). A vehicle routing algorithm for the distribution of fresh vegetables and similar perishable food. Journal of food engineering, 85(2), 285-295.
- Paredes-Belmar, G., Lüer-Villagra, A., Marianov, V., Cortés, C. E., & Bronfman, A. (2017). The milk collection problem with blending and collection points. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 134, 109-123.
- Paredes-Belmar, G., Marianov, V., Bronfman, A., Obreque, C., & Lüer-Villagra, A. (2016). A milk collection problem with blending. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 94, 26-43.
- Sankaran, J. K., & Ubgade, R. R. (1994). Routing tankers for dairy milk pickup. Interfaces, 24(5), 59-66.
- Sethanan, K., & Pitakaso, R. (2016). Differential evolution algorithms for scheduling raw milk transportation. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 121, 245-259.
- Shishebori, D., Yousefi Babadi, A., & Noormohammadzadeh, Z. (2018). A Lagrangian relaxation approach to fuzzy robust multi-objective facility location network design problem. Scientia Iranica, 25(3), 1750-1767.
- Shukla, M., & Jharkharia, S. (2013). Agri‐fresh produce supply chain management: a state‐of‐the‐art literature review. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 33(2), 114-158.
- Shukla, M., & Jharkharia, S. (2013). Artificial Immune System-based algorithm for vehicle routing problem with time window constraint for the delivery of agri-fresh produce. Journal of decision systems, 22(3), 224-247.
- Soto-Silva, W. E., Nadal-Roig, E., González-Araya, M. C., & Pla-Aragones, L. M. (2016). Operational research models applied to the fresh fruit supply chain. European Journal of Operational Research, 251(2), 345-355.
- Tofighi, S., Torabi, S. A., & Mansouri, S. A. (2016). Humanitarian logistics network design under mixed uncertainty. European Journal of Operational Research, 250(1), 239-250.
- Touil, A., Echchtabii, A., & Charkaoui, A. (2016). Possibilistic programming approach for production and distribution problem in milk supply chain. In 2016 3rd International Conference on Logistics Operations Management (GOL) (pp. 1-8). IEEE.