Document Type : Original Article
Master Student, Shahed University.
Assistant Professor, Shahed University.
Due to the fact that excellence models, especially EFQM, work based on RADAR logic, which makes them heavily rely on subjective judgments, the aim of this study is to present a more accurate and objective way of assessing organizations with EFQM using Neutrosophic logic approach to minimize estimation errors of assessment values. In this study, assessing organizations based on the EFQM excellence model is performed using Neutrosophic logic, which is a three-valued logic useful in studying uncertainty. First, an assessing tool is designed for evaluation with Neutrosophic logic. Its validity of structure and content was confirmed using EFQM model framework and experts' opinion of evaluation. Also, the reliability was supported in a similar manner using experts' views. Then, the selected organizations, including three state-owned, private, and semi-public banks, were assessed with the assessing tool, and finally, the results of assessing with RADAR logic and Neutrosophic logic were compared. Based on assessing experts of EFQM National Excellence Award and calculations, assessing studied organizations with Neutrosophic logic approach proved more accurate than assessing with RADAR logic approach.
- Abbasi, S. (2013). A Model for Organizational Performance Assessment based on Multi criteria decision making Techniques and European Foundation for Quality Management framework(CaseStudy: National Bank). Faculty of Industrial engineering-management of system and productivity, Shomal University, Iran.(In Persian)
- Adresi, A. (1392). Excellence model EFQM 2013. Tehran: Novin Poblisher. (In Persian)
- Ashbacher, C. (2002). Introduction to Neutrosophic Logic. USA: American Research Press Rehboth.
- Asif, M., de Vries, H.J., & Ahmad, N. (2013). Knowledge creation through quality management. Total Qual. Manag, 24(5-6), 664-677.
- Aydin, Serhat ,Kahraman, Cengiz , Kaya, İHsan . (2012). A new fuzzy multicriteria decision making approach: An application for European Quality Award assessment. Knowledge-Based Systems, 32, 37-46.
- Bayat, M. (2012). Applying the approach of Fuzzy Analytic Network Process for European Quality Award assessment based on excellence EFQM model. Industrial Engineering Department,Tafresh University, Iran. (In Persian)
- Calvo-Mora, A., Picón, A., Ruíz, C., & Cauzo, L. (2014). The relationships between soft-hard TQM factors and key business results. International Journal of Operations & Production Management Vol.34(1) , 115-143.
- Carmen Guadalupe Rodríguez-González, Camino Sarobe-González, María Esther Durán-García, Ana Mur-Mur, María Norberta Sánchez-Fresneda, María de las Mercedes Pañero-Taberna, Rosa Pla-Mestre, Ana Herranz-Alonso, María Sanjurjo-Sáez. (2019). Use of the EFQM excellence model to improve hospital pharmacy. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy, 16(5).
- Anastasiadou, S, A. Zirinoglou, P. (2014). Reliability testing of EFQM scale: The case of Greek secondary teachers. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 143, 990-994.
- Dodangeh J, Md. Yusuff R, & Jassbi J. (2011). Assessment System Based on Fuzzy Scoring In European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM): Business Excellence Model. African Journal of Business Management, 5(15), 6209-6220.
- Gabriela-Livia, C. (2021). EFQM Excellence Model – European Foundation for Quality Management. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Education Reform and Modern Management (ERMM 2021). Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research.
- Ghamari, A., Abdollahi, B., Zeinabadi, H.R., & Tabeshfar, G. (2017). Assessment of Organizational Excellence Based on Analytical Hirarchy Process (AHP) Emphasizing on the Development of Bank Shahr Economic Capabilites. Urban Economics and Management, 5(3(19)), 1-13. (In Persian)
- Kahraman, Cengiz, Otay, Irem. (2019). Fuzzy Multi-criteria Decision-Making Using Neutrosophic Sets. Turkey: Springer.
- Li, M., & Yang, JB. (2003). New research a decision model for self –assessment of business process based on the EFQM excellence model". international journal of quality & reliability management, 20(2), 164-188.
- Mehregan, M. R., & Moradi, Z. (2019). Using the Multi-Stage of Integrating Approaches Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) and Balanced Scorecard (BSC) for Enhanced Performance Assessment. The Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 10(1), 143-165. (In Persian)
- Sadeghi Zeydanloo, M. & Seyed Esfahani, S. H. (2020). Evaluation of Organizational Excellence Model for Development and Empowerment of Human Resources (Case Study: Shams Abad Distributed Power Plant). The Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 10(3), 53-69(In Persian).
- Nasiripour, A. (2018). prioritization of EFQM Model Evaluation Criterias. Industrial Engineering Faculty, Semnan University, Iran. (In Persian)
- Porter, L.J, & Tanner, S.J. (2004). Assessing Business Excellence (secound edition ed.). Oxford: Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Refaat, R., & El-Henawy, I. M. (2019). Innovative method to evaluate quality management system audit result's using single value neutrosophic number. Cognitive Systems Research, 57, 197-206.
- MirFakhredini, S. H., & Mirghafouri, S. H. &, Sayadi Touranlou, H. (2011). Prioritizing Improvement Projects in EFQM Model Using Balanced Scorecard Approach (Case Study: Yazd Regional Electricity Company). The Journal o f Industrial Management Perspective, 1(2), 91-106. (In Persian)
- Shahin, D. (2018). Importance of Implementing EFQM Model for Official Statistics Institutes: PCBS Experience. European Conference on Quality in Official Statistics.
- Siow, C.H.R, Yang, J.B, Dale, B.G. (2001). A new modeling framework for organizational self-assessment:Development and Application. AQS Quality management journal, 8(5), 34-47.
- Smarandach, F. (2002). Proceedings of the First International Conference on Neutrosophy,Neutrosophic Logic, Neutrosophic Set,Neutrosophic Probability and Statistics. USA: Xiquan.
- Smarandach, F. (2007). A Unifying Field in Logics: Neutrosophic Logic. Neutrosophy, Neutrosophic Set, Neutrosophic Probability and Statistics. USA: InfoLearnQuest.
- Taghavi Alidash, A., &Mehrmanesh, H. (2011). Desining an Assessment Model of Leadership EFQM Using MCDM. Management Futures Research, 22(88), 89-106. (In Persian)
- Trevor Hides, M., Davies, J., & Jackson, S. (2004). Implementation of EFQM excellence model self-assessment in the UK higher education sector - Lessons learned from other sectors. The TQM Magazine, 16(3), 194-201.
- Uygun, O., Yalcin, S., Kiraz, A., & Erkan, E., F. (2020). A novel assessment approach to EFQM driven institutionalization using integrated fuzzy multi-criteria decision-making methods. Scientia Iranica, 27(2), 880-892.
- Ye, J. (2014). A multicriteria decision-making method using aggregation operators for simplified neutrosophic sets. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems Vol.26(5), 2459-2466.
- Yung-Lun Liu, Ko Pen-Fa, Jui-Te Chiang, Wen-Jye Shyr. (2021). Should the EFQM Excellence Model be Adapted for Specific Industries? A Restaurant Sector Example. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 92.