Document Type : Original Article
Assistant Professor, Damghan University.
In today's societies, given the increasing tendency to buy from malls and megastores that can meet all the buyer's needs in a limited time, we witness a large-scale growth of modern malls. Due to the breadth of services and diversity in such places, it is necessary to have a central intelligent control unit that takes control of all existing systems. The Internet of Things is one of the new technologies in the last decade, playing an essential role in intelligent business computing. The volume of customers coming to the mall, the customer service, and the customer buying behavior are factors whose analyses can dramatically increase the revenue from the stores and lead to better customer satisfaction. Many models are used to serve this purpose, one of which is the Bayesian Network model. In this research, using this model based on the interests and preferences of customers and purchasing patterns, we identify customers' needs and provide them with the desired product. After implementing this model, increasing the potential sales in the store and increasing the performance and speed of the store function are expected.
- Charlyn Pushpa Latha, G., Pradeep Kandhasamy, J. & Sridhar, (2021). Smart shopping cart by RFID technology, Materials Today: Proceedings, In Press.
- Chiang, H. H., You, W. T., Lin, S. H., Shih, W. C., Liao, Y. T., Lee, J. S., & Chen, Y. L. (2016). Development of smart shopping carts with customer-oriented service. In System Science and Engineering (ICSSE), 2016 International Conference on(pp. 1-2). IEEE.
- Cugnata, F., Kenett, R., & Salini, S. (2014). Bayesian network applications to customer surveys and InfoQ. Procedia Economics and Finance, 17, 3-9.
- Darreshiri, M., Sadegh Khayatian, M. & Panahifar, F. (2019). Assessing the Impact of Science and Technology Parks on Innovative Performance of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Companies’. Journal of Industrial Management Perspectives, 9(2), 57-79. (In Persian)
- Demirkan, H., & Spohrer, J. (2014). Developing a framework to improve virtual shopping in digital malls with intelligent self-service systems. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 21(5), 860-868.
- Fagerstrøm, A., Eriksson, N. & Sigurdsson, (2020). Investigating the impact of Internet of Things services from a smartphone app on grocery shopping. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 52, 101927.
- Fagerstrøm, A., Eriksson, N., & Sigurðsson, V. (2017). What’s the “Thing” in Internet of Things in Grocery Shopping? A Customer Approach. Procedia Computer Science, 121, 384-388.
- Fu, B., Li, B., & Yuan, R. (2016). Introduction to the RFID Technology in the Application of the Smart Supermarket. In MATEC Web of Conferences(Vol. 40, p. 07008). EDP Sciences.
- Fu,H., Manogaran, G., Wu, K., Cao, M., Jiang, S. & Yang, (2020). Intelligent decision-making of online shopping behavior based on internet of things. International Journal of Information Management, 50, 515-525.
- Grabski, F. (2014). Subjective priors in Bayesian estimation of safety and reliability characteristics. Procedia Engineering, 84, 62-69.
- Gubbi, J., Buyya, R., Marusic, S., & Palaniswami, M. (2013). Internet of Things (IoT): A vision, architectural elements, and future directions. Future generation computer systems, 29(7), 1645-1660.
- Hicks, D., Mannix, K., Bowles, H. M., & Gao, B. J. (2013). SmartMart: IoT-based in-store mapping for mobile devices. In Collaborative Computing: Networking, Applications and Worksharing (Collaboratecom), 2013 9th International Conference Conference on(pp. 616-621). IEEE.
- Kaneko, Y., Miyazaki, S., & Yada, K. (2017). The Influence of Customer Movement between Sales Areas on Sales Amount: A Dynamic Bayesian Model of the In-store Customer Movement and Sales Relationship. Procedia Computer Science, 112, 1845-1854.
- Khanna, A., & Tomar, R. (2016). IoT based interactive shopping ecosystem. In Next Generation Computing Technologies (NGCT), 2016 2nd International Conference on(pp. 40-45). IEEE.
- Li, R., Song, T., Capurso, N., Yu, J., Couture, J., & Cheng, X. (2017). IoT applications on secure smart shopping system. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 4(6), 1945-1954.
- Mathankumar, M., & Kavitha, T. (2013). Design and implementation of smart supermarket system for vision impaired. International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET), 5(1), 215-219.
- Sadat Rasoul, S., Ebadati, O., Bakhtiari, M. (2021). Identifying the Impact of Fraud on Corporate Customers' Credit Scoring by Data Mining Approaches. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 11(3), 45-67. doi: 10.52547/jimp.11.3.45, (In Persian)
- Taghva, M. (2020). Investigating the Strategic Alignment of Business and Information Technology Using the Luftman Model and ITIL Best Practice. The Journal of Industrial Management Perspectives 10(3), 125-141. (In Persian)
- Zhang, Y. G., & Shen, B. (2012). A Framework of Smart Supermarket Based on the Internet of Things. In Applied Mechanics and Materials, 220, 3010-3013. Trans Tech Publications.