Document Type : Original Article
Professor, University of Isfahan.
Assistant Professor, Shahid Ashrafi Esfahani University.
MSc, University of Isfahan.
The aim of this study is to present an integrated method to increase the quality of the product during its lifetime through the design of Taguchi experiments and PAF model of quality costs. For this purpose, the combination of the importance of quality costs in the life cycle of the product by combining the PAF quality cost model and designing Taguchi experiments in the Entekhab industrial group in Isfahan has been studied. In this study, four phases of the selected product life cycle (introduction, growth, maturity and decline), at four levels (importance of prevention, evaluation, internal failure and external failure) are considered as control factors. In this study, product quality is considered as a response factor, which is considered to obtain the maximum value. The results of this study on the selected product of Entekhab Industrial Group have been determined. In the introduction stage and growth of product life cycle prevention policy have been selected. In the maturity and decline stage, the appraisal and domestic failure policy has been chosen as optimal levels. By following these policies, the quality of selected product during its lifetime increases.
- Alglawe, A., Schiffauerova, A., Kuzgunkaya, O., & Shiboub, I. (2019). Supply chain network design based on cost of quality and quality level analysis. The TQM Journal, 31(3), 467-490.
- Amuzad, H., Mokhtarzade, N., & Redmond, S., (2017). A Hybrid Model of Grey Fuzzy Goal Programming in Project Time, Cost, Risk and Quality Tradeoff. The Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 7(3), 47-80. (In Persian)
- Anvarkhatibi, S., Zanjani, S., & Mohammadi, J. (2017). Factors affecting the establishment and development of quality costing system in pharmaceutical companies (Case study: Zahravi Pharmacy). Journal of New Research in Management and Accounting, 25(3), 101-117. (In Persian)
- Ardhani, I. C., Putri, R. M., Falah, M. A. F., & Widodo, K. H. (2021). Determination of production factors of dehydrated strawberries by usingTaguchi method approach. IOP Conference Series: Earth and EnvironmentaScience, 653(1),
- Arslanoglu, N., & Yigit, A. (2016). Experimental investigation of radiation effect on human thermal comfort by Taguchi method. Applied Thermal Engineering, 92(1), 18-23.
- Beg, S. (2021). Taguchi and Plackett–Burman Designs in Pharmaceutical Product Development. In S. Beg (Ed.), Design of Experiments for Pharmaceutical Product Development: Volume I: Basics and Fundamental Principles (pp. 55-62).
- Bergman, B., & Mare, J. (2009). Robust Design Methodology for Reliability: Exploring the Effects of Variation and Uncertainty. In (173-183).
- Duarte, P. (2018). Balancing risk and revenue: cost of quality within the banking industry. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 35(10), 2181-2194.
- Farooq, M. A., Kirchain, R., Novoa, H., & Araujo, A. (2017). Cost of quality: Evaluating cost-quality trade-offs for inspection strategies of manufacturing processes. International Journal of Production Economics, 188, 156-166.
- Huang, C.-L., John Wan, T.-L., Shen, M., & Liao, T.-C. (2018). The Kano based Taguchi system algorithm for modeling a product design system. Journal of Statistics and Management Systems, 21(3), 373-386.
- Kerfai, N. (2016). Performance measurement and quality costing in Tunisian manufacturing companies. The TQM Journal, 28(4), 588-596.
- Li, , & Zhu, L. (2017). Optimisation of product form design using fuzzy integral-based Taguchi method. Journal of Engineering Design, 28(7-9),480-504.
- Malakooti, B. (2013). Operations and Production Systems with Multiple Objectives. 1st Ed John Wiley & Sons.
- Morovati, A., & Khanchemehr, R. (2014). Finding the ANN Suitable Structure using Taguchi Experimental Design Method. Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 4(1), 121-142. (In Persian)
- Phadke, M S., (2006). Introduction to Robust Design (Taguchi method). Translated by Abdul Hussein Khodayandi. Hamedan: Bu Ali Sina University. (In Persian)
- Radfar, A., & Mohammaditabar, D. (2019). Bi-Objective Optimization of Vendor Managed Inventory Problem in a Mult Echelon Green Supply Chain. The Journal of Industrial Management Perspective, 9(3), 109-134. (In Persian)
- Rajabbeigi, M., & Salimi, M. (1995). Total Quality Management. Publications of the Information Center of the Ministry of Jihad Sazandegi and the Publishing Center of Amir Kabir University of Technology, Tehran. (In Persian)
- Shahin, A., & Janatyan, N., (2011). Service Quality Robust Design by the Integration of Taguchi Experiments and SERVQUAL Approach in a Travel Agency. Journal of Production and Operations Management, 2(2), 83-106. (In Persian)
- Shahin, A., & Rezaei, M. (2018). An Integrated Approach for Prioritizing Lean and Agile Production Factors Based on Costs of Quality with a Case Study in the Home Appliance Industry. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 25(2),660–676. (In Persian)
- Shahin, A., Vaezshahrestani, H., & Bagheri, E., (2014). Proposing an integrated approach of Kano Model and Taguchi Design of Experiments based on Kansei Engineering to product design based on customer needs in the automotive industry. Journal of Industrial Management, 13(6), 317-336. (In Persian)
- Shahrjerdi, R., Ebrahimabadi, GH., & Shahbazi, S., (2017). Evaluating the Cost of Quality and Selecting the Appropriate Option for Cost Reduction using Fuzzy AHP and Fuzzy TOPSIS Models (Case Study: The Water and Wastewater Company of Markazi Province. Journal of Water and sustainable development, 3(4), 13-21. (In Persian)
- Shaym mohan, N. (2002)."Robust design", Seminar Report Submitted towards partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Bombay: Indian Institute of Technology.
- Soleymannezhadtamar, A., & Rezaizavari, A. (2015). Optimization of Quality Costs Using Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and Taguchi Experiments Design (Case Study: Urmia Tobacco Company). The First International Conference on Industrial Engineering, Management and Accounting, Alborz Research Institute. (In Persian).
- Sower, V. E., Quarles, R., & Broussard, E. (2007). Cost of quality usage and its relationship to quality system maturity. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 24(2), 121-140.
- Taguchi, G., Chowdhury’s. & Tauguchi, Sh. (1999). Robust reengineering. led, Mc Growhill: NY.
- Walker, O., Mullins, J., & Boyd, H. (2014). Marketing Strategy: A Decision-Focused Approach. 5th Edition, Translated by Seyed Mohammad Aarabi, Davood Izadi. Tehran, Publisher of Cultural Research Office. (In Persian)
- Wang, Y., Huang, A., Quigley, C. A., Li, L., & Sutherland, J. W. (2021). Tolerance allocation: Balancing quality, cost, and waste through production rate optimization. Journal of Cleaner Production, 285,
- Yudha, F.A., Soepangkat, B.O.P., Ratnasari, V., Suef, M., & Norcahyo, R. (2019). Determination of optimum vulcanization process parameters using Taguchi GRA for reducing quality loss cost. AIP Conference Proceedings, 2114(1),
- Zhao, M., Qiu, W.-H & Liu, B.-S. (2010). Relative entropy evaluation method for multiple attribute decision making. Kongzhi yu Juece /Control and Decision, 25(1104), 1100-1098.