Document Type : Original Article
Department of Industrial Engineering, Payame Noor University.
Assistant Professor, Imam Hussein University.
In this study, to find supply chain resilience strategies, 14 indicators for logistics capability and 13 indicators for risk were achieved from factor analysis. The logistics capability questionnaire was filled by customers, and the risk questionnaire was answered by managers and employees of transport companies. Six factors for the logistics capability and five factors for the risk were detected through factor analysis. Indicators were analyzed by canonical correlation using SPSS software. Findings from the canonical correlation analysis show a suitable linear combination and a significant correlation between the logistics capability and risk variables. In the first canonical coefficient, the amount of variance was 81%, and in the second canonical coefficient of variance, 78% was obtained between two canonical linear combinations. The results show that risk indices can cause changes in logistics capability up to 13.2%, and logistics capability indices can change up to 16.8% in the risk variable. Moreover, insurance and safety guarantee indicators and timely delivery of goods have the greatest impact on improving logistics, and fleet delays and fuel supply problems of the transport fleet have the greatest impact on increasing risk.
- Abdolabadi, H., Ardestani, M., & Hasanlou, H. (2013). Evaluation of Water Quality Parameters Using Multivariate Statistical Analysis (Case study – Atrak River). Water Waste Water J, 3, 110-117.
- Ali Mohammadi, A., Sadruddin, M., & Rajabi, A. (2020). Providing a model for strategic resilience management of urban transportation network in area one of Tehran. Journal of Geography and Planning, Bahman Mah electronic edition. (In Persian)
- Asgharizadeh, E., Ghasemian Sahebi, A., Arab, A., & Heidari, S.N. (2017). Analysis of Interaction Effects of Total Quality Management Measures and Organizational Innovation Using Focal Correlation. Journal of Standard and Quality Management, 3(7), 45- 53. (In Persian)
- Baluchi, H., Seyed Javadin, S.R., & Fayazi, M. (2015). Investigating the relationship between the dimensions of psychological capital and the quality of services provided to customers with focal analysis (focal correlation). Management Research in Iran, 19(4), 71- 92. (In Persian)
- Bashiri, M. and Kamran Rad, R. (2015). Multivariate statistical analysis methods with applied approach. Tehran, Shahed University. (In Persian)
- Carvalho, H., Barroso, A. P., Machado, V. H., Azevedo, S., & Cruz-Machodo V. (2012). Supply chain Redesign for Resilience Using Simulation. Computers and Industrial Engineering, 62(1), 329–
- Chang, S.E. & Nojima, N. (2001). Measuring post-disaster transportation system performance: the 1995 Kobe earthquake in comparative perspective. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 35(6), 475–494.
- Chavoshi, A., Amini Hosseini, K., and Hosseini, M. (2015). Changing the Paradigm Using Transport Network Resilience as an Index of Earthquake Performance Evaluation. 7th International Conference on Seismology and Earthquake Engineering, Tehran. (In Persian)
- Chopra, S., & Meindl, P. (2004). Supply chain management strategy, planning and operation. 7th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Davis, T. (1993). Effective supply chain management. Sloan Management Review, 34(4), 35-46.
- Day, G.S. (1994). The capabilities of market driven organisations. Journal of Marketing, 4(58), 37-52.
- Douglas, S. & Love, W. (1968). A General Canonical Correlation Index. Psychological Bulletin, 70(1), 160-163.
- Duclos, L.K., Vokurka, R.J., & Lummus, R.R. (2003). A conceptual model of supply chain lexibility. IndustrialManagement and Data Systems, 103(6), 446–456.
- Elkins, D., Handfield, R. B., Blackhurst, J., and Craighead, C. W. (2005). 18 Ways to Guard against Disruption. Supply Chain Management Review, 9(1), 46–
- Fawcett, S.E., & Stanley, L.L. (1997). Developing a logistics capability to improve the performance of international operations. Journal of Business Logistics, 18(2), 101-27.
- Garson, G. D. (2008). Canonical correlation. Retrieved July 4, 2009 from http://faculty.chass.ncsu.edu/garson/PA765/canonic.htm.
- Jafarnejad Chaghoshi, A., Kazemi, A., & Arab, A. (2016). Identifying and prioritizing indicators, evaluating, productivity, suppliers, based on the best-worst method. Journal of Industrial Management Perspectives, 6(23), 159-186. (In Persian)
- Jafarnejad Chaghoushi, A., Khalili Esbouei, S., & Hakimi, N. (2019). Identify and rank appropriate supply chain resilience strategies; A Combined Approach to Game Theory and Fuzzy Multi-Criteria Decision Making Methods. . Journal of Industrial Management Perspectives, 9(34), 9-31. (In Persian)
- Jangizehi, M. & Maleki, M. R. (2020). Supply chain resilience in postal transportation with factor analysis approach. Journal of Industrial Management, 15(54), 175- 196 . (In Persian)
- Juttner, U. (2005). Supply Chain Risk Management: Understanding the Business Requirements from a Practitioner Perspective. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 16(1), 120–
- Hanifar, H., & Rashid, A. A., Hosseinifard, S. M., and Jamshid Zeh, Y. (2018). Focal analysis of the relationship between social capital and employees' information literacy. Journal of Information Management Science and Technology, 4(4), 1-19. (In Persian)
- Gordon, P., Richardson, H., & Davis, B. (1998). Transport-related impacts of the Northridge earthquake. Journal of Transportation and Statistics, 1(2), 21–36.
- Guevara, M., Moinuddin, M., & Abqari, R. (2016). The effect of data reduction using factor analysis on the accuracy of bankruptcy prediction models. Journal of Accounting Advances, 8(2), 151- 189. (In Persian)
- Knemeyer, A., Zinn, M. W., & Eroglu, C. (2009). Proactive Planning for Catastrophic Events in Supply Chains. Journal of Operations Management, 27(2), 141–
- Lai, K.-H., Ngai, E.W.T., & Cheng, T.C.E. (2004). An empirical study of supply chain performance in transport logistics.International Journal of Production Economics, 87(3), 321–331.
- Lawson, B. and Samson, D. (2001). Developing innovation capability in organisations: a dynamic.
- Lee, H. L. (2004). The Triple-A Supply Chain. Harvard Business Review, 82(10), 102–
- Lu, C.-S., & Yang, C.-C. (2010). Logistics service capabilities and firmperformance of international distribution center operators.The Service Industries Journal, 30(2), 281-298.
- Mahpour, A. & Mamdouhi, A. (2021). Providing an Index to Assess Transport Network Resilience in Crisis Using the Concept of the Shortest Expanded Expansion Tree. Journal of Traffic Management Studies, 1400(60), 1-24. (In Persian)
- Manafluyan, S., Zarabadi, Z. S. S., & Behzadfar, M. (2019). Assessing the Factors Affecting Climate Resilience. Journal of New Attitudes in Human Geography, 1(12), 1- 18. (In Persian)
- Mirzaei, E. & Ali Al-Hesabi, M. (2017). Analysis of the network based on the vulnerability of the urban road network and accessibility after the earthquake Case study: Aligudarz city. Journals of crisis management, 12, 69- 80. (In Persian)
- Mohammadi Deh Cheshmeh, M., Alizadeh, H., & Abbasi Gojani, D. (2019). Spatial analysis of indicators explaining resilience in arterial transport infrastructure, Research Geography Planning City ,7(2), 375- 391. (In Persian)
- Morash, E.A. (2001). Supply chain strategies, capabilities, and performance. Transportation Journal, 41(1), 37-51.
- Movahed, A, Firoozi, M. A., & Roozbeh, H. (2011). Analysis of the degree of development of the cities of Khuzestan province using factor analysis and cluster analysis. Journal of Research and Urban Planning, 2(5), 43-56. (In Persian)
- Naim, M.M., Potter, A.T., Mason, R.J., & Bateman, N. (2006). The role of transport flexibility in logistics provision. International Journal of Logistics Management, 17(3), 297–311. 26
- Nikomram, H & Pourzamani, Z. (2009). Investigating the relationship between financial crisis forecast patterns. Journal of Financial Accounting and Auditing, 1(1), 61-80. (In Persian)
- Niroumand, H. (2000). Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis, Mashhad, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. (In Persian)
- Ravanistan, K., Aghajani, H. A., Safaei Qadiklaei, A., & Yahya Zadehfar, M. (2017). Determining and weighing the strategies of resilience in the Irankhodro supply chain. Journal of Industrial Management Perspectives, 7(25), 145- 172. (In Persian)
- Rice, J., & Caniato, F. (2003). Building a secure and resilient supply network. Supply Chain Management Review, 7(5), 22–30.
- Salehian, F., Razmi, J., & July, F. (2019). Designing a Combined Approach Based on Network Analysis Process and Fuzzy Dimtel to Evaluate the Performance of Provinces in the Field of Road Transport in Iran. Journal of Transportation Engineering, 3, 513-530. (In Persian)
- Schmitt, A. J., & Singh,M. (2012). A Quantitative Analysis of Disruption Risk in a Multi-Echelon Supply Chain. International Journal of Production Economics, 139(1), 22–
- Simangunsong, E., Hendry, L.C. & Stevenson, M. (2012). Supply-chain uncertainty: a review and theoretical foundation for future research. International Journal of Production Research, 50(16), 4493-4523.
- Tacq, J. J. A. (1996). Multivariate analysis techniques in social science research. from problem to analysis / Jacques Tacq . Thousand Oaks,CA : SAGE Publications.
- Thompson, B. (1984). Canonical Correlation Analysis: An Annotated Bibliography. Paper Presented at Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New Orleans, LA.
- Wilson, M.C. (2007). The impact of transportation disruptions on supply chain performance. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 43(4), 295–320.
- Waters, D. (2011). Supply Chain Risk Management Vulnerability and Resilience in Logistics, 2nd ed., Kogan Page, London. 33
- Xia, D., and B. Chen. (2011). A Comprehensive Decision Making Model for Risk Management of Supply Chain. Expert Systems with Applications, 38(5), 4957–
- Yousofi, A., Bageriyan, A., & Shojaee, M. (2014). Logic and application of canonical correlation analysis in social research. Journal of Social Sciences, 11, 207-233. (In Persian)
- Zabrdast, E., Azizi, M. M., & Baghernejad, E. (2020). Explaining the relationship between urban form and resilience against accidents in the metropolitan areas of Tehran. Journal of Housing and Rural Environment, 39(170), 15-28. (In Persian)
- Zhao, M., Droge, C., & Stank, T.P. (2001). The effects of logitsics capabilities on firm performance: customer-focused versus informati, on-focused capabilities. Journal of Business Logistics, 22(2), 91-107.