Document Type : Original Article
Master Student, Kharazmi University.
Assistant Professor, Kharazmi University.
After the success of Digikala as the largest online retailer in Iran, many online retailers emerged to achieve their appropriate market share. It seems that examining customer behavior in online retailers needs to be further explored and enhanced to achieve competitive power. The purpose of this study is to investigate the impact of pre-buying, buying, and post-buying processes on customer experience and the effects of customer experience on customer satisfaction, then customer satisfaction and customer experience on Repurchase behavior in online retailers. The current research is descriptive and applied. The community of this study is all those who have experience in buying from Digikala retailers. To determine the sample size, the Cochran formula was applied, and because of the infinite statistical population, a sample size of 384 people was selected. A researcher-made questionnaire was created, and a combination was used to collect data. In order to analyze the data obtained from the questionnaire, the structural equation modeling method was used. The hypothetical test was performed using descriptive and inferential statistics. The results suggest that pre-buying, buying, and post-buying processes affect the customer experience in Digikala online retail. Customer experience also affects customer satisfaction and re-purchasing from Digikala online retailers.
- Al Karim, R. (2013).Customer Satisfaction in Online Shopping: a study into the reasons for motivations and inhibitions. IOSR Journal of Business and Management, 11(6), 13-20.
- Birjandi, M., Gholami, A., Haghighi, M. (2019). The Effect of Shopping Values Pattern on Customers’s Intention to Repurchase. Journal of Strategic Management Studies, 10(37), 161-176. (In Persian)
- Bilgihan, A., Kandampully, J., & Zhang, T. (Christina). (2016). Towards a unified customer experience in online shopping environments. International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences, 8(1), 102–119.
- Boudlaie, H., shahidi, A. (2018). A Qualitative Study of Customer Experience in Retail Industry. New Marketing Research Journal, 8(2), 1-22. (In Persian)
- Claycomb, C., & Martin, L. (2002). Building customer relationships: An inventory of service providers objectives and practices. Journal of services marketing.
- Denis, C., Fenech, T., & Merrilees, B. (2004). E-retailing: Routledge.
- East, R., Vanhuele, M., & Wright, M. (2008). Consumer behaviour: Applications in marketing. London: Sage. Edelman. (2008, January 22).
- Esmaelian, M., SaadatKhalili, A., & Tavakoli, M. (2018). Proposing a Method for Determining the Appropriate Purchasing Strategy Based on the Purchasing Portfolio Approach. Industrial Management Perspective, 38, 55-82, (In persian).
- Esmaelian, M., Hematgir, H., &Ghaenian, R. (2018). Designing and Implementation of Suppliers Evaluation Process in the Supplier Relationship Management System (SRM) (Case Study: Mobarakeh Steel Company). Industrial Management Perspective, 8(3), 37-61. (In Persian)
- Foroudi, P., Gupta, S., Sivarajah, U., Broderick, A. (2018). Investigating the effects of smart technology on customer dynamics and customer experience. Computers in Human Behavior, 80, 271-282.
- Ghoshchian Moghadam, A. (2014). Investigating the role of business model to customer (B2C) e-commerce on customer behavior in Digikala Company, M.Sc. Thesis, Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Higher Education Institute North-Amol. (In Persian).
- Gloor, P., Fronzetti Colladon, A., Giacomelli, G., Saran, T., &Grippa, F. (2017).The impact of virtual mirroring on customer satisfaction. Journal of Business Research, 75, 67-76.
- Ha, H., Muthaly, S. K., & Akamavi, R. K. (2010). Alternative explanations of online repurchasing behavioral intentions. European Journal of Marketing, 44(6), 874–904.
- Hedayat Nazari, F., & Dehdashti Shahrokh, Z. (2018). Antecedents and Outcomes of Customer Experience in Iran online Retailing. Management Researches, 11(41), 313-336. (In Persian).
- Lin, C., Wu, H., & Chang, Y. (2011). The critical factors impact on online customer satisfaction, Procedia Computer Science, 3 276-281.
- Jahanian, S., & Raei, M. (2014). Factors affecting online shopping among Azad University students. International Conference on Industrial Management and Engineering. (In Persian)
- Javadi, M (2017). Investigating the Factors Affecting Online Customer Satisfaction Digi Kala Online Sales Company. The First National Conference on New Thoughts in Business Management. Tehran, University of Science and Culture. (In Persian).
- Kadic-Maglajlic, S., Boso, N., & Micevski, M. (2018). How internal marketing drive customer satisfaction in matured and maturing European markets? Journal of Business Research, 86, 291-299.
- Kaplan, S., & Nieschwietz, R. J. (2003). A Web assurance services model of trust for B2C e-commerce. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 4(2), 95-114.
- Khoshoei Parizi, M., & Ahad Motlaghi, E. (2018). Investigating the effects of customer experience on purchase intent. 3rd International Conference on Dynamic Management, Accounting and Auditing. (In Persian)
- Khashei, V., & Zargaran, F. (2018). Strategic Management of Richard Linch. Tehran: Fozhanpub. (In Persian)
- Loiacono E, Watson R, Goodhue D (2007) WebQual: An instrument for consumer evaluation of web sites. Internat. J. Electronic Commerce, 11(3), 51–87.
- Mohammadi, A., Mosleh Shirazi, A., Ahmadi, M.B., & Shojaei, P. (2014). Interpretive Structural Modeling for Project Supply Chain Risks in State Gas Company, industrial management perspective, 3(4), 9-34. (In Persian)
- Naeiji, M. J, (2015). Designing the Process Model of Software Products Development using Interpretive Structural Modeling Approach. Journal of industrial management perspective 5(1), 99-118 (In Persian).
- Nikbin, D., Ismail, I., Marimuthu, M., & Younis Abu‐Jarad, I. (2011). The impact of firm reputation on customers’ responses to service failure: the role of failure attributions. Business Strategy Series, 12(1), 19–29.
- Nisar, M., & Prabhakar, G. (2017). What factors determine e-satisfaction and consumer spending in e-commerce retailing? Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 39, 135-144.
- Park, E. (2019). The role of satisfaction on customer reuse to airline services: An application of Big Data approaches. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 47, 370-374.
- Pappas, L., Pateli, A., Giannakos, M., & Chrissikopoulos, V. (2014). Moderating effects of online shopping experience on customer satisfaction and repurchase intentions. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 3, 187-204.
- Ramezani Anvary, E., & Nasrollahi Ghods, R. (2018). Investigating the factors influencing the determination of the type of behavior and the level of customer satisfaction. 7th National Conference on Accounting, Financial Management and Investment. (In Persian).
- Safaei Ghadiklaei, A., Aghajani, H., & Dargahi, H. (2012). Presenting a Combined Approach of Fuzzy Multi-Criteria Decision-Making Techniques for Prioritizing Global Production Acquisition Strategies (Case Study: Mazandaran Steel Industries). Journal of Operations Research and its Applications, 9(2), 99-81. (In Persian).
- Shahdoost, N. (2018). What is Customer Experience Management, GCCRM International Marketing Group. Tehran: Marketing Publications. (In Persian)
- Shin, J.K., Chung, K.H., Oh, J.S., & Lee, C.W. (2013). The effect of site quality on repurchase intention in Internet shopping through mediating variables: The case of university students in South Korea. J. Inform. Management, 33(3), 453–46.
- Shojaei, P. (2016) Barriers by using an Integrated ISM-fuzzy MICMAC Approach. Industrial Management Perspective, 21(1), 53-74. (In Persian)
- Sundström, G., & Kashyap, G. (2016). CEMenting Growth: Customer Experience Management as a driver of Growth.
- Tahery, F., Akbary, N. (2015). Investigating the effect of satisfaction on the intention to buy again with the role of moderator of online shopping experience (Case study: users of Digi Kala online store). 3rd International Conference on Applied Research in Management and Accounting. (In Persian)
- Titkanlo, H., & Mohammadi, M. (2018). Consumer trust in e-commerce. Tehran: University Jihad. First Edition. (In Persian)
- Toniti, G. (2016). Identifying opportunities for improvement in online shopping sites. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 31, 228-238.
- Vasić, N., Kilibarda, M., & Kaurin, T. (2019). The Influence of Online Shopping Determinants on Customer Satisfaction in the Serbian Market. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research, 14(6), 70-89.
- Vitez, Osmond. (2019). The Impact of Technological Change on Business Activity, https://smallbusiness.chron.com.
- Volodina, A, Lindner, C & Retelsdorf, J. (2019). Personality traits and basic psychological need satisfaction: Their relationship to apprentices’ life satisfaction and their satisfaction with vocational education and training. International Journal of Educational Research, 93, 197-209.
- Wang, Y., Lu, X., Tan, Y. (2018). Impact of product attributes on customer satisfaction: An analysis of online reviews for washing machines. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 29, 1-11.
- Zargaran Khouzani, F., & Mazloomy, M. (2016). Distribution System and Channel. First International Conference on Industrial Management. Tehran, Iran (In Persian).
- Zhou, T., Lu, Y., & Wang, B. (2009). The relative importance of website design quality and service quality in determining consumers. Online repurchase behavior. Inform. Systems Management, 26(4), 327–337.